The Referee Test

7/12 which seems slightly better than average!

I'm not sure the answers are correct. Answer to Q1 suggests the attacker is ruled offside because he gained an advantage from standing in an offside position. But you can do that so long as you weren't stood offside when the ball was played, surely?

7/12 which seems slightly better than average!

I'm not sure the answers are correct. Answer to Q1 suggests the attacker is ruled offside because he gained an advantage from standing in an offside position. But you can do that so long as you weren't stood offside when the ball was played, surely?

It meant that the player was already stood there. Being stood in an offside position alone isn't an offence, only when you play the ball, interfere with play, or gain an advantage.

2 out of 10. :petesake: can't quite believe it, I was feeling quite confidant. With due respect to referees, I very

rarely have a rant at them. I feel they have an impossible job with the speed

of the game and players antics. Now I have got to take into consideration

learning the bloody rules as well.

2 out of 10. :petesake: can't quite believe it, I was feeling quite confidant. With due respect to referees, I very

My eyesight isn't up to the job either.

DSC_1413.jpg

11/12 for me, and the one i got wrong was was the one about deciding which goal to use in a penalty shootout. I was taught it was toss-up in the centre circle and thats the way i've always done it. This must have been a rule change but i wasn't aware of it. Seems wrong to ask the ref to choose if you ask me, wont matter at Sunday league level though lol