Would it be fair to say this is the biggest 7 days of the season

2 League games coming up and 1 big cup game

While todays game is not a foregone conclusion we really should be looking at picking up 3 points from this. If we do that then what we take from tuesday night is a bonus I'm not too concerned about not picking up anything from there if we win today.

A loss or a draw and we need to go their and take something.

A win next saturday is also crucial it won't be easy but we really do need it.

We lose all 3 and Dickov will be gone

Win 1 in the league and lose the other 2 thats dissapointing and Dickov could be gone

a win in the cup and a win in the league will be good

3 wins on the other hand would pull us away from the relegation zone and set us up nicely going into the festive period.

Dickov is always almost too respectful of the opposition. He is always saying 'this will be a tough game'. They shouldn't all be seen as tough, a home game against a struggling side shouldn't be tee'd up in the same way as say Sheffield Utd away. Change the language and let's be more assertive, positive etc and tell the players we will win as Shrewsbury are not that good!!

Edited by Stainrod

I don't pay too much attention to what the manager says in the press its usually just best to just churn out a few cliche's plus the last thing he needs to do is to say something in the press that will get pinned up on the opposition dressing room wall like these are gash and we should be tatering them, effectively doing Shrewsburys team talk.

That said in the confines of dressing room itself I would expect him to be telling the players that we are the better team and we expect a win.

I expect nothing but 3 points today. We've got two more points from one less game, were at home, and I definately believe were better (mid table) than we currently sit in the league.

Really want to see the lads take it to them today, I'm fired up so they bloody better be!

:censored:ing GET AT 'EM today. We're at home, against a poor side, attack attack attack should be our policy.

Tuesday night, we can be more restrained, away at 4th in the league and try to knick a goal or just do whatever is needed to scrape it.

Its about time we throw the excessive respect to the opposition back in their face and use the talent that we have!!!

Don't agree with that. Next Saturday is ALOT bigger game than today's.

say we lose against shrewbury at home, i can't see us getting anything at home to Doncaster who are on form, especially after a tough trip there in the week. if we've not got anything from these next two games, this team won't have the confidence in the cup.

I don't think the next 2 league games are going to change that much with regards to how our league season goes, either way we'll be looking at survival until we reach approx. 50 points. The cup game seems as though it will be very important though and I get the impression that it will determine Dickov's future as well as the club's season.

Given our current league position the next two games mean far more than a cup tie.

Given our budget and the need to get sign players in January our cup tie is much more important. Winning the cup tie could easily get us players who get us more than 6 points.