Thank you Matt

As it seems likely that today is the last time we will see Matt Derbyshire in a Latics shirt I just wanted to say thank you to him for providing what fans (of smaller clubs especially) really want........

100% committment and effort in every game

In an age where too many players make us love the game less and less it has been an absolute pleasure to watch a true professional giving it his all with a smile on his face.

Thanks Matt and best wishes for the future to you and your family.

As it seems likely that today is the last time we will see Matt Derbyshire in a Latics shirt I just wanted to say thank you to him for providing what fans (of smaller clubs especially) really want........

100% committment and effort in every game

In an age where too many players make us love the game less and less it has been an absolute pleasure to watch a true professional giving it his all with a smile on his face.

Thanks Matt and best wishes for the future to you and your family.

Excellent post and I imagine it echoes the thoughts of us all. Good luck wherever you go, Matt. Would love it to be at BP, though.

The gap.

His natural ability of 5'8" Derbyshire through the channels and intelligently timed near post runs.

Vs

The brainless hoof ball we've played for the majority of his stay.

He could have delivered so much more than he did if the rest of them had been on his superior wavelength.

Loved Matt Derbyshire's time at Oldham he's the definition of a true pro not like the modern ones. He always gave 100% even though it was hard for him to work with. Plus he did not pull a fit when he got pulled offside when he was not.

Thank you Matt

After his interview I thought he's not coming back, but the more I think about it I'm not so sure. He's reported to be on £16k pw. If that's right, then I can't see any club offering him even half that. He would be far better off staying at Forest and getting loaned out again. Unless another club comes in offering to pay more of his wages, then we surely have a great chance of him coming back.

Edited by al_bro