Jan 5 make or break for Dickov

I think Dickov immediate future is dependent on the Nottm Forest game. I can't see Dickov going before the Scunthorpe game on the 1st and 4 days later the club's biggest game of the season so far- Corney very keen on a cup run.

After that its back to the league and respite which would be ideal to bring a new manager in.

My concern has been his backroom staff - for 3 seasons we / Dickov have been moaning about our defence. Surely this situation should have been addressed. Maybe if he had a defence coach more will happen. I know people will refer to Taggart BUT additional help would help the youngesters progress. I rather win 1-0 than lose 2-1. I am not worried by the style of football - we haven't progess for a long time.

What ever happens, I think the club's coaching / management structure needs addressing maybe dare I say a technical director post is required to encourage youth, though being a bit savvy with transfers.

that's only my 2 pennies worth.

His immediate future should be decided this weekend.

It aint fair giving him the Forest game as a make or break.

Forest are flying in the Championship there going to beat us.

The future for PD is based on games like today, Donny, Bury, Stevenage- Do I have to go on?

It aint fair giving him the Forest game as a make or break.

Forest are flying in the Championship there going to beat us.

The future for PD is based on games like today, Donny, Bury, Stevenage- Do I have to go on?

Lets be honest, if we beat Forest (which we won't) we will then go on another run of three defeats and a draw. Then put in two good performances with wins. Hard to fire him after the wins. Then we'll draw one and lose a couple. Then a win and everything's okay again. Then a defeat against a :censored: side like Bury. And on the cycle will go.

Take a step back and answer the following questions, regardless of recent results:

1. Are the players that are available to the manager performing to their individual capabilities?

2. Can the manager change a game tactically without making a substitution?

3. Are the manager's substitutions consistently timely and effective (even if they don't always get the desired result)?

If you're answering "yes" to any, you're building a case to keep the manager. If you've answered "no" to all three, then the manager needs changing.

I think Dickov immediate future is dependent on the Nottm Forest game. I can't see Dickov going before the Scunthorpe game on the 1st and 4 days later the club's biggest game of the season so far- Corney very keen on a cup run.

After that its back to the league and respite which would be ideal to bring a new manager in.

My concern has been his backroom staff - for 3 seasons we / Dickov have been moaning about our defence. Surely this situation should have been addressed. Maybe if he had a defence coach more will happen. I know people will refer to Taggart BUT additional help would help the youngesters progress. I rather win 1-0 than lose 2-1. I am not worried by the style of football - we haven't progess for a long time.

What ever happens, I think the club's coaching / management structure needs addressing maybe dare I say a technical director post is required to encourage youth, though being a bit savvy with transfers.

that's only my 2 pennies worth.

I cant agree with this or Dickov if true. The problem is scoring not defending. The only reason the defenders get analysed so much is because there is nothing to analyse at the other end of the pitch full stop. Our defense is not bad its shipping in a lot less goals than many teams. The problem is you know when we concede we havent got the ability to get goals back.

Teams at this level are always going to ship in the odd one or two goals. If the defenders were switched on for 90 minutes they would be at the top level of the game. What worries me is a lack of goals throughout the team. We pass it around all day but just don't look dangerous. We can't rely on Derbyshire and Baxter to bail us out all the time. Croft/Montano/Smith/Furman/Wesolowski and the defenders to some extent need to chip in too as does the bench (although they never get used).

For me Dickov has created a team that doesn't create, and that is why we usually lose by the odd goal here and there.

Lets be honest, if we beat Forest (which we won't) we will then go on another run of three defeats and a draw. Then put in two good performances with wins. Hard to fire him after the wins. Then we'll draw one and lose a couple. Then a win and everything's okay again. Then a defeat against a :censored: side like Bury. And on the cycle will go.

Take a step back and answer the following questions, regardless of recent results:

1. Are the players that are available to the manager performing to their individual capabilities?

2. Can the manager change a game tactically without making a substitution?

3. Are the manager's substitutions consistently timely and effective (even if they don't always get the desired result)?

If you're answering "yes" to any, you're building a case to keep the manager. If you've answered "no" to all three, then the manager needs changing.

I wanted PD out 12 months ago.

You cannot judge a manager on a one off cup game, the bread and butter of today show how indept he is.

What difference would having Dickov or someone else in place for the Forest game?

Absolutely nothing and in fact, a fresh approach and time between now and then to introduce new tactics, formation etc could result in a win and progression to next round.

Dickov still in charge means just one thing - failure and a cup exit. Last two games I've predicted we'd lose and I've been proved right unfortunately. He's a broken man, incapable of motivating the team and needs to be put out his misery. He's overstayed his welcome...I like him, still do but unfortunately not as manager of my club. I wish him well I the future, hope he succeeds elsewhere but I can't see him succeeding here.

It's a bit of a dilemma for me. I get the feeling that Dickov will be able to make some very good signings in January compared to other managers that will help us improve and climb the table (one of those possibly being Baxter) but the trouble is that if we keep going the way we are we could be stuck in the bottom four by the end of January.

If we do win on Tuesday there's a good chance that we could be 8 points clear of the drop. Lose and Scunthorpe will be 3 points behind us with a game in hand.

Dickov has to prove himself very soon.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

I agree you can't sack a manager on one game i.e. the Forest game, but whilst the cup run is still on I can't see Dickov going anywhere. Money talks.

Though I wont be surprise to hear that Corney is putting his feelers out, there's quite a few managers out there at the moment.

I get the feeling that Dickov will be able to make some very good signings in January compared to other managers that will help us improve and climb the table (one of those possibly being Baxter)

Baxter's already here and we all know hes a class above. Derbyshire and Wabara are decent players / decent signings and we've had three months out of each of them.

Byrne and M'Voto are a decent centre back pairing. Grounds, while nowhere near perfect, is the best left back we've had for years. Furman is getting plaudits at international level. Montaño looks like he's got talent to burn. Croft is decent on his day. Weso is the player we all wanted to keep. Simpson put the ball in the Scouser's net and should be ripping up trees at this level.

How many decent signings does a manager need to get a decent side?

Dickov has to prove himself very soon.

He has proved himself.

Good at attracting quality players. Poor at getting them to play as a team. He's not going to change. The time has come. In fact it came when Coventry beat us. Anything since has been delaying the inevitable.

Let the hope drift away. It's never going to be fulfilled. He's tried. He's failed. Next please.