Scunthorpe double their home wins today

Can't see any other result.

After the backroom staff changes , the reaction from the players today will tell us a lot me thinks .

They are 6 points behind us with a game in hand and have just played 3 away games on the bounce , and will know a win today puts them in a much rosier position.

As for us , our desperate lack of goals (I think we have scored more than 1 goal in only one league game in the last 13) and inability to keep a clean sheet is a double disaster.

I look forward to be hopelessly wrong in my pre match thoughts ......after our comfortable 3-0 win .

Can't see any other result.

After the backroom staff changes , the reaction from the players today will tell us a lot me thinks .

They are 6 points behind us with a game in hand and have just played 3 away games on the bounce , and will know a win today puts them in a much rosier position.

As for us , our desperate lack of goals (I think we have scored more than 1 goal in only one league game in the last 13) and inability to keep a clean sheet is a double disaster.

I look forward to be hopelessly wrong in my pre match thoughts ......after our comfortable 3-0 win .

New Year same optimism, there is hope whilst you still believe!

2-1 a Baxter brace.

This is why I think despite everything we'll go down, even when we put the effort in we get goals disallowed, late jammy winners for the oppo and a needless red card again today if we perform like we have done post Christmas for the Katy couple of years we'll go down. We're in target to get 47 points not sure that's going to be enough

Question is do you think we'll improve under PD this season and also the next? If he's on a rolling contract then it'll cost us whether we pull the trigger now or later.

Get rid, bring in someone new with fresh ideas and direction because despite PD being a nice bloke, we ain't going anywhere!

This is why I think despite everything we'll go down, even when we put the effort in we get goals disallowed, late jammy winners for the oppo and a needless red card again today if we perform like we have done post Christmas for the Katy couple of years we'll go down. We're in target to get 47 points not sure that's going to be enough

I dunno - I think today was an important result.

I think we've had a bit of luck ourselves - sounds like Scunny actually scored earlier than they did do today, which could have bought a different result; Derbyshire's goal at Colchester was ridiculous; Baxter's last minute rebound penalty at Hartlepool, for example.

It would be different if we we're in the bottom four now, I think, but as long as we pick-up points against the current bottom four, we'll be OK I think.

Edited by JoeP

It's all up in the air at the moment. The team will probably lose Baxter and Wabara (not sure when), Montano could be out, Furman off to SA and Wes banned. Not looking good at all. Despite the fightback today, Latics should never have been in that position in the first place...it should have been a win but after being two down, I would say a draw is a good result, considering how they have fared in the past.