Down to the bare bones. M.E.n article

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/sport/football/oldham_athletic/s/1597237_oldham-boss-paul-dickov-were-down-to-the-bare-bones?rss=yes&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Reading this is so worrying. This is relegation stuff... a manager and no backroom staff........ Bare squad of players and no money for new faces......

oh dear oh dear

http://menmedia.co.u..._medium=twitter

Reading this is so worrying. This is relegation stuff... a manager and no backroom staff........ Bare squad of players and no money for new faces......

oh dear oh dear

If we assume that Wabara does indeed stay (the most likely of the three short termers to do so) we then have the following:

Bouzanis, Cisak, Brown, Wabara, Byrne, MVoto, Tarkowski, Grounds, Croft, MChangama, Winchester, Simpson, Smith, Taylor, Mellor, Hughes, Sutherland, Wesolowski post ban and Furman at the end of January when South Africa fail to progress to the next stage of the Africa Cup of Nations with Montano to come back in February (hopefully).

Bare Bones? or just not enough proven quality in there?

We sorely need to retain or replace Baxter and Derbyshire to even be able to compete.

Survival depends on there being four clubs worse than we are... four from Hartlepool, Bury, Colchester, Scunthorpe and Portsmouth...?

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/sport/football/oldham_athletic/s/1597237_oldham-boss-paul-dickov-were-down-to-the-bare-bones?rss=yes&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

oh dear oh dear

If we don't keep those on loan I assume there's room in the kitty to replace them?

Surely if we're willing to pay for them we'd sort replacements? Bad times though, survival is clearly the only objective.

Surely if we're willing to pay for them we'd sort replacements? Bad times though, survival is clearly the only objective.

I think we'd only be allowed 2 new players due to league rules and, the impression I'm getting, is that PD won't be allowed to use them. If results don't pick up and he's invited to go and tend to his hedges, then I'm sure a replacement would be allowed to make use though.

I think we'd only be allowed 2 new players due to league rules and, the impression I'm getting, is that PD won't be allowed to use them. If results don't pick up and he's invited to go and tend to his hedges, then I'm sure a replacement would be allowed to make use though.

he can do my lawn. Sick of it being waterlogged, also my flower beds need doing

We have a replacement for Wabara, a replacement for Derbyshire but we would miss Baxter more than anyone. Can't see us getting any points until Yeovil call so HELP!!!!

Don't bank on points v Yeovil either, we've not beaten them at home since 2008 and have scored only one goal at BP against them since….

Proper bogey team.

I think we'll do Brentford...

It's not great is it.

I still maintain that there's enough in the squad that, if properly managed and motivated, should more than see us right. It's going to be a question of working with what is already here. Yep, some of them aren't up to it - but IMO there's more than enough quality there to utilise. Proper tactics and motivation, and we should be looking at comfortably avioding the drop and climbing as high as we can.

Who knows - maybe TP and Gerrard working alonside him can PD right, and we see changes on the pitch?

I think it's pretty obvious Corney has involved Philliskirk so he can get he best out if he kids he knows so well, makes a lot of sense and hopefully PD will realise what's been under his nose all along....

Won't be for long though.. Soon as someone new is brought in TP will be back to full time with the youth team

It doesn't look like anybody is going to be brought in. It seems it is down to the three of them and PD must have had a real shock to his system. Walking off at Scunthorpe was not a good sign. PD has many things but motivating the players week after week is not one of them.

It doesn't look like anybody is going to be brought in. It seems it is down to the three of them and PD must have had a real shock to his system. Walking off at Scunthorpe was not a good sign. PD has many things but motivating the players week after week is not one of them.

Who walked off at Scunthorpe? PD clapped the fans for a bit before leaving the field.