Immense again

had to get himself out of jail big time in the first half when he tried to turn away and ran straight in to another forest player, fantastic recovery challenge

very good performance and strong when needed but immense may be a bit much...IMO

He had a decent game but gave away a stupid, stupid free kick for their first goal. Thought Byrne was much better - apart from getting done for pace once, he kept Blackstock quiet.

Agree with this, no need to be anywhere the lad when he's running into the corner flag, just give him half a yard and don't let him turn. Like I said to my mate after the game, "he's brilliant when he thinks." He has moments of sheer madness which just seem to be lack of concentration or reading of the situation. Still young though, plenty of time to iron that out

Agree with this, no need to be anywhere the lad when he's running into the corner flag, just give him half a yard and don't let him turn. Like I said to my mate after the game, "he's brilliant when he thinks." He has moments of sheer madness which just seem to be lack of concentration or reading of the situation. Still young though, plenty of time to iron that out

Kind of know what you are saying but that was never a free kick in a million years, Blackstock is a cheating :censored:.

Kind of know what you are saying but that was never a free kick in a million years, Blackstock is a cheating :censored:.

oh yeah it was so soft but it happens so often in the modern game, the striker going away from goal knows he's going nowhere so any touch and he'll get his team a corner. Shouldn't have been a free kick but big Jean did give him the option to dive over

oh yeah it was so soft but it happens so often in the modern game, the striker going away from goal knows he's going nowhere so any touch and he'll get his team a corner. Shouldn't have been a free kick but big Jean did give him the option to dive over

Its a very unfortunate part of the game mate.

Cheating bastards.

Yea it was soft and Blackstock was looking for it. It was still stilly though - he didn't have to touch him.

I don't think he did touch him though, that's the point! What can mvoto do when someone is diving to the ground after feeling a breath on his back! Blackstock was a disgrace and the linesman even worse for being 2 yards away yet still falling for the cheating bastard's trick!

As long as fans or pundits or generally anyone connected with the game, continue to come out with the tired old "there was contact" or "that's the modern game" and accept the cheating (don't give me the gamesmanship wank, I'm not interested) then this is what's going to happen. They cheat because they can get away with it, because we as fans and the rest of football allow it to happen with our collective, apathetic shrug of the shoulders.

We all know what it takes to knock a man over in a game of football. So should the officials. Blackstock cheated and the linesman went along with it. It's one of the major reasons I'm getting turned off by footy just recently.

I hate the modern game.

When Bale got his latest booking for diving he said "there was contact so you have the RIGHT to go down"

Sums it up for me, he admitted he cheated and is amazed he was punished gor it. Exactly the line Andy - he played thd ball into an area - Townsend comes out with.

As long as fans or pundits or generally anyone connected with the game, continue to come out with the tired old "there was contact" or "that's the modern game" and accept the cheating (don't give me the gamesmanship wank, I'm not interested) then this is what's going to happen. They cheat because they can get away with it, because we as fans and the rest of football allow it to happen with our collective, apathetic shrug of the shoulders.

We all know what it takes to knock a man over in a game of football. So should the officials. Blackstock cheated and the linesman went along with it. It's one of the major reasons I'm getting turned off by footy just recently.

I hate the modern game.

Nail on head here pal.

We are looking at athletes in the prime of their lives, 15 stone fellas who do physical conditioning getting knocked over from contacts that would have a granny off her feet. It is a disgrace that we as fans are complicit in. I like Latics to win games and history only records the score but if one of our lads cheats it is a bit sour at the time. Football should be more than just winning, it is something to do or go and watch but it is now just something to win at all costs.

Finishing the Chaddy roof?

Leave the bloke who is doing it now to finish it! He's doing us all a favour by taking his time with these DIY projects, you can't rush it if you want it doing properly love, it might look like I'm sat on the sofa here doing nothing but my mind is racing with thoughts about that particular job....

Byrne's 50p foot was a constant worry, but we did okay defensively. Utterly :censored:e for the two goals though.

Thought Grounds was excellent today, very calm on the ball even when we got too deep later on. Always looked to carry it out and did his job defensively. Very good.