club dumps on loyal staff

So what? If they're getting something in return then why should that matter?

The club could issue a physical ticket when the staff member enters the ground, this keeping the police/accountants/whoever the :censored: it really matters to happy.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I presume that you will be right Dan but why pay £25 and then miss the first third of the game?

And I work Sundays so no good for me to have to go and queue up. I'm sure someone will pick one up for me!!

Totally agree Dave, 100% with you on this!

just been informed today that if matchday staff wish to watch the liverpool game they now have to buy a ticket,bit naughty seeing as many of the staff dont actually get paid for there duties and are there game in game it in out own time, ie strike it lucky sellers,these staff havnt gained any commision from the club in years by there choice not the clubs,feels like were being taken for granted.

rant over!!!

What would the club do if they all went on strike for the Brentford and Lliverpool games, no turnstile operators, no car park attendants, no programme or strike it lucky sellers etc ?

Get the Oldham Chron, Advertiser, and M.E.N on to it, the club will soon backtrack.

Edited by BP1960

How are the club actually going to enforce this?

Are they going to find out exactly how many people work on turnstiles, strike it lucky, programmes etc and then reserve a block in the stadium for them? Or make them stand in the open areas at either end of the Main Stand Paddock? If they are made to stand, surely can't expect them to pay the 25 quid that others fans are paying to be seated.

Could end up pissing a lot of people off this! Might as well go the whole hog and make the ball boys pay too!

Are they going to find out exactly how many people work on turnstiles, strike it lucky, programmes etc and then reserve a block in the stadium for them? Or make them stand in the open areas at either end of the Main Stand Paddock? If they are made to stand, surely can't expect them to pay the 25 quid that others fans are paying to be seated.

Could end up pissing a lot of people off this! Might as well go the whole hog and make the ball boys pay too!

Maybe special 'staff only' seating could be provided for them all in the old Lookers stand area ?

True, but very doubtful as that would mean the club arranging for said seats to be put in...which would just defeat the object of the staff paying in, in the first place! Although, wouldn't surprise me if they borrowed seats from a local school or somet lol

I hope minute ds get changed on this tbh, time, weather conditions etc....in fact its nearly laughable- either discuss with the club, bite the bullet and get on with it or tell them they best find someone else......***depends on how much you want it, after the cup tie. But yeah, think I'd be pretty hacked off too!

Don't understand any of that.

True, but very doubtful as that would mean the club arranging for said seats to be put in...which would just defeat the object of the staff paying in, in the first place! Although, wouldn't surprise me if they borrowed seats from a local school or somet lol

Many a true word spoken in jest they say...some plastic chairs (and umbrellas in case it rains) would cheaply resolve the problem.

Mind you H&S would rule that out in case a chair tumbled over in the rubble.

Edited by BP1960

SIMON CORNEY: Save on costly new seating by asking fans to bring their own deck chairs.

Not at Ice Station Zebra. :grin:

The proposed new stand complete with moat to segregate away fans.

slider_1.png

Edited by BP1960

How's about this for a radical idea, issue staff with a ticket for their usual seat and then tell them they will only be allowed entry with this ticket and that their ground passes will not bd valid on the day of the game?!

How's about this for a radical idea, issue staff with a ticket for their usual seat and then tell them they will only be allowed entry with this ticket and that their ground passes will not bd valid on the day of the game?!

Might be wrong, but I think the staff have to find empty unreserved seats on matchdays, they aren't allocated any specifically.

Might be wrong, but I think the staff have to find empty unreserved seats on matchdays, they aren't allocated any specifically.

Correct! I'd imagine the majority of the staff will have somewhere they would usually sit at the home games, but none of them will be allocated for every game.

Correct! I'd imagine the majority of the staff will have somewhere they would usually sit at the home games, but none of them will be allocated for every game.

So allocate them a non season ticket seat. Ie the one they usually sit in!!!

we got a text today telling us.so when we play liverpool there can be no cpmplaints if ya cant park ya car buy a programme or strike it lucky,wouldnt surprise me if they make catering staff get one aswell lol

Wonder if the staff would accept an offer of paying a tenner for a seat as a special concession ?

Don't think its the cost that is going to cause the problem. I think it could all come down to the principle of it all. Not made to pay on regular games, but just because a big boy comes to town, oh wait, we are going to charge you to get in, even though your doing the same duties as normal but on a larger scale because it is going to be 3 times busier than normal! Sounds fair!

This doesn't seem right to me - I will be emailing Neil Joy to express my concern. It seems a shame when as far as I am concerned everything else has been handled pretty well considering what a miserable set of bickering bastards we all are.

This doesn't seem right to me - I will be emailing Neil Joy to express my concern. It seems a shame when as far as I am concerned everything else has been handled pretty well considering what a miserable set of bickering bastards we all are.

Agreed, there's an old motto;

Take care of your employees; they'll take care of you

the funny thing is we have always been told that we are not guaranteed a seat at the big games that is why in the past the staff stood under the floodlight between main and chaddy end,example bieng the chelsea and city games previously and if ya did happen to find a spare seat so be it

jees ive even sat on the frost covers in the lookers b4 now

the funny thing is we have always been told that we are not guaranteed a seat at the big games that is why in the past the staff stood under the floodlight between main and chaddy end,example bieng the chelsea and city games previously and if ya did happen to find a spare seat so be it

jees ive even sat on the frost covers in the lookers b4 now

So you would stand in the old Lookers area in a Latics tabbard if the club allowed you to do so for nothing ?

How many programmes are sold after kick off?

How many fivers on the car park are collected after kick off?

How many late arrivals are accommodated after kick off?

If these things weren't done, how much income would the club lose?

It seems wrong to me. Badly wrong, based on what's been said above.

Rather than trying to protect a few £25 chunks of income, they should be trying to increase their take. How about a £5 a ticket super draw for this game? Sell that hard and you could easily recoup the money - assuming gambling laws allow it.

Edited by opinions4u