club dumps on loyal staff

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Righto, Neil Joy has arranged to give me a bell tomorrow about this, so I will share what I think are our fairly common opinions and concerns and also feedback if there has been some misunderstanding or room to find a solution that works for all.

Brilliant. And I get lambasted by Harry in the "segregation" thread for pointing out exactly this that the club does to :censored: on its own fanbase.

An absolute joke and for all the years of service these girls and guys have given over the years. it doesn't surprise me. Completely sums the club up.

Come on Harry, care to throw a patronising "stick your apology in the post to SC & NJ" comment on the end of this? :censored:ing thought not.

You weren't the only one, I was browsing the settings on my phone and changed a few settings.

I'd like to think minds on this was changed tbh, in other words- that's some commitment, I think they should pay a tenor.

We cant afford to pay Jose Baxter and you want to pay Jose Carreras

These people perform a valuable function for the club and so the club owes them better. I owe Corney :censored: all.

Seemed like a cheap shot to me. I've no idea about Corney's private life and I don't care. If you have details about how he is :censored:ing the club then tell us, if you can, but spreading nasty :censored: about the personal life of a man with a family on an Oldham messageboard in pursuit of what looks like a vendetta is poor form in my book.

Its a waste of your time if you get anything like the emails I have had off the club today.

:censored: me, they have been struggling to keep anyone coming after the :censored:ing dross served up this season.

Everyone knows I back the club to the hilt almost all the time but after recent events I feel like stopping my playershare contributions and season ticket which has been renewed for 20+ years.

Wait until they ask for my £300+ for a season ticket in summer, they can :censored: off.

Oldham have gone all Billy big balls on us.

I tried to tell you this over a year ago but you became mr angry, if your getting pissed off then the tide is definaltey turning.

I tried to tell you this over a year ago but you became mr angry, if your getting pissed off then the tide is definaltey turning.

I apologise if you ever feel I was personally angry towards you, it's never meant personally I am always passionate about Latics.

Perhaps the worm is turning.

After the lack of customer service I have been served up today I feel a little let down.

I dont know what people expect really, its always the same when a big club comes to town, in fact its always the same just not as busy.

the ticket office consists of 2 wndows.....on a normal day of the week when I have been and bought tickets for a home or away games I have been met with barely a word or a smile, a grunt and the ticket passed through the gap in the window

People have commented plenty of times of how miserable the staff can be so why when all of a sudden there is more demand, more customers and more work do they think the customer service is going to improve.

Its not right and it needs sorting but what did you think.?..why would it be any different

Edited by palmer1

Guest Scratch2000uk

Hmmmmm not a very nice move by whoever thought this up.

Then again, nothing new is it, let's hope Mr Owen has some input on this.

I don't think its the people inside the ticket office but more of its location.

im not trying to be personal to anyone, id be pissed off working in there

its the whole situation, its needs a upgrade, more staff, it will come with the new stand whenever that is....thats for another day though

Righto, Neil Joy has arranged to give me a bell tomorrow about this, so I will share what I think are our fairly common opinions and concerns and also feedback if there has been some misunderstanding or room to find a solution that works for all.

Nice one, hopefully this can be sorted out after the club has a proper think about it.

Brilliant. And I get lambasted by Harry in the "segregation" thread for pointing out exactly this that the club does to :censored: on its own fanbase.

An absolute joke and for all the years of service these girls and guys have given over the years. it doesn't surprise me. Completely sums the club up.

Come on Harry, care to throw a patronising "stick your apology in the post to SC & NJ" comment on the end of this? :censored:ing thought not.

Wow. Open your mouth before you know the full facts why don't you.

I'll let Leeslover post the update once he has spoken to Neil Joy this morning.

As for the facts, well lets set them out nice and clear so that those who just throw out the thick and in some cases sick comments on here can get their heads around matters.

1) This is an FA cup tie so there are a specific set of rules.

2) After deduction of VAT and match expenses (Police, stewarding, turnstiles etc etc) both clubs receive 45% of the match ticket proceeds with 10% going to the FA pool.

3) In terms of complimentary (free) tickets both participating clubs are restricted to only 50 complimentary tickets. On top of this, the FA in their competition rules also dictate what the organising club have to make available to the FA and their sponsors. In this case the likes of Budweiser are I believe entitled to 50 tickets. ALL other tickets have to be declared and accounted for. So any additional tickets that the club makes available the club has to account a gross £25 to the match return to the FA. By my calculations that means it costs the club 55% to Liverpool and the FA pool of every additional ticket it gives away. Take off the vat and 55% is £11.45 for every ticket it gives away. The club would also lose the £9.37 per ticket if it had been sold so costing the club over £20 per ticket.

When you have an all ticket sell out it isn't just as easy as playing everything as any normal match there are specific rules to comply with.

Having had the priviledge of doing the job I do on match (and other) days now for nearly 38 years I've got to know most of the requirements and complications. There is no easy answer that is going to satisfy everyone. I work on a voluntary basis yet whenever we have had an all ticket game like this and the City game and even the Wolves replay when Shez was manager I have had to pay for my reserved seat. No complaints from me. I know the rules. I want to go to the game I pay for entry full stop end of chat those are the rules. I'll be there though this Saturday 9am till 7pm and Sunday 10 am till 2pm doing my bit for the club, helping to ensure it's supporters get their cup tickets, trying to keep a smile on the face when all an sundry (well not that many actually but some) on the other side of the window are throwing out some insult or other. :censored: happens you get on with it.

For league and other cup ties, it is easier for the club. But when you are sold out you are sold out and those tickets have to be accounted for to the FA and boy are you in trouble if you don't. The fines they dish out are horrendous to a club like us if we fail to submit a correct return.

As for those who work on match days I don't know everyones employment status in terms of paid/commission/voluntary, but from what I do know, turnstile operators and stewards are paid a fee. Turnstiles to work from and to a certain time. I think we have around 23 turnstiles and I know that there are a number who don't stay to watch the game they go home. The point is they get paid to do the job, if they sneak in to watch the game when they have finnished and they are allowed to and there are spare seats then fair play. If it's an all ticket league game and it's sold out, if they haven't made arrangements and got a ticket they now have to leave the ground (the reprecussions of celebration Sunday when the club had to answer to the licensing authority as to why there was standing in the sterile area of the paddock)

So FMS I won't resort to the further insult and baiting of your post, I'll just try and answer in a reasoned way. The problem is some people would rather come on here and winge and moan and complain (I suppose thats what internet message boards are generally ised for) than actually do something direct like approaching the club, seeking clarification and hearing their side of the matter. You see it's easier to do that than try and sort something out for some people.