club dumps on loyal staff

Like i've previously said, I don't think that it is the location of the seat/standing area that is going to be the issue. It is going to be the principle of being made to pay up to see our club just because Liverpool are coming to town. I agree with the club trying to milk everything they can from the game, but I don't think shafting the staff is the way to go.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously this is piss poor if true. I cannot think of a logical reason why they aren't given free tickets it can't be difficult to allocate them tickets and if they are working for free or next to nothing and then to them by text message rather than have the balls to say it to their faces. It was bad enough when I found out that the volunteers who helped over the summer only got a lousy certificate for their efforts. Its taking advantage of peoples goodwill in helping the club in the first place that. If it takes 30 minutes extra to get in the ground on saturday and I can't buy a programme or a strike it lucky ticket then I don't care, I think the staff are more than in their rights to kick up a stink about this. We are a community club we shouldn't treat our onw like this

Not one to slag the club off at all, but if this isn't sorted very swiftly, it could mean the match descends into farce. I assume this includes turnstile operators? How's that going to work if they refuse to work?!

I know it's about making money, but this is such a false economy. It'd be a nice reward and 'thank you' if all these staff could use their pass at the ticket office to get a designated (non-ST) seat of their choice from tmw morning.

Like i've previously said, I don't think that it is the location of the seat/standing area that is going to be the issue. It is going to be the principle of being made to pay up to see our club just because Liverpool are coming to town. I agree with the club trying to milk everything they can from the game, but I don't think shafting the staff is the way to go.

Based on everything I've read this sums it up for me. I have no problems with using the game as a way to boost our finances, but this feels like taking advantage of people's goodwill and shafting them afterwards.

The club needs to find a way to maximise income long term. Pissing volunteers off seems a foolish idea.

Edited by Crusoe

I find it hard to believe this is true as is said. Not disputing the text, I thing something has been lost in the communication. For example for safety reasons fans (ticket sellers etc) will not be able to just sit/stand where they like, so will have to get a ticket.

I think people need to see the clarification.

Personal insults are childish too.

Edited by singe

we got a text today telling us.so when we play liverpool there can be no cpmplaints if ya cant park ya car buy a programme or strike it lucky,wouldnt surprise me if they make catering staff get one aswell lol

A text? Classy.

I bet Corney dumps his mistresses by email.

I've mailed Neil, copying Mr Corney, so will await the outcome.

Its a waste of your time if you get anything like the emails I have had off the club today.

:censored: me, they have been struggling to keep anyone coming after the :censored:ing dross served up this season.

Everyone knows I back the club to the hilt almost all the time but after recent events I feel like stopping my playershare contributions and season ticket which has been renewed for 20+ years.

Wait until they ask for my £300+ for a season ticket in summer, they can :censored: off.

Oldham have gone all Billy big balls on us.

we got a text today telling us.so when we play liverpool there can be no cpmplaints if ya cant park ya car buy a programme or strike it lucky,wouldnt surprise me if they make catering staff get one aswell lol

To clear up any doubts people may have, chaddy, would you mind copying the text word-for-word into this thread?

Seriously this is piss poor if true. I cannot think of a logical reason why they aren't given free tickets it can't be difficult to allocate them tickets and if they are working for free or next to nothing and then to them by text message rather than have the balls to say it to their faces. It was bad enough when I found out that the volunteers who helped over the summer only got a lousy certificate for their efforts. Its taking advantage of peoples goodwill in helping the club in the first place that. If it takes 30 minutes extra to get in the ground on saturday and I can't buy a programme or a strike it lucky ticket then I don't care, I think the staff are more than in their rights to kick up a stink about this. We are a community club we shouldn't treat our onw like this

TBF, as a non ST holder I was also offered a free ticket for Shrewsbury at home. Do you think if I turn up on Sunday with my certificate rather than a token I'll get any joy...? :deal: ........... :grin:

So the only remuneration the turnstile operators, programme sellers, strike it lucky sellers usually get is free entry into the match?

And now on this occasion they are expected to pay £25 after completing their 'shift'.......have I got this right?

It's a fine line between maximising revenue and taking the piss and latics are crossing the line on this one IMO if these allegations are true. I find it hard to believe.

Very poor PR by the club if indeed this is allowed to happen.

Buy them all a hi viz jacket if they haven't already got one (£2 each) and stick 'em in the old paddocks disguised as stewards.

So the only remuneration the turnstile operators, programme sellers, strike it lucky sellers usually get is free entry into the match?

Pretty sure they get paid / commissioned too.

Edited by opinions4u

Buy them all a hi viz jacket if they haven't already got one (£2 each) and stick 'em in the old paddocks disguised as stewards.

Pretty sure they get paid / commissioned too.

That's what I thought too, I may have misunderstood the volunteer comments.

Poor form from the club - I was always under the impression that matchday volunteers got free admission to all games as at the end of the day they wouldnt happen without their efforts. i would guess that most volunteers miss much of the first half as well.

Just because it is Liverpool they should pay - bollocks they wouldnt have had to pay if we had drawn Macclesfield or Luton!

A text? Classy.

I bet Corney dumps his mistresses by email.

Mistresses in the plural, no wonder he never replies to the correspondence i sent him, "no time to busy just servicing number 3". Or shafting the volunteers, headline for the chron. "strike it lucky go on strike". The club will get the message if you all dont turn up for the Brentford game, they may reconsider if you stick together. The workers united will never be defeated