club dumps on loyal staff

just been informed today that if matchday staff wish to watch the liverpool game they now have to buy a ticket,bit naughty seeing as many of the staff dont actually get paid for there duties and are there game in game it in out own time, ie strike it lucky sellers,these staff havnt gained any commision from the club in years by there choice not the clubs,feels like were being taken for granted.

rant over!!!

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad u posted that cos I promised I wouldn't!

Think it's well out of order, and I wouldn't blame any of them for refusing to do whatever it is they usually do on match days if they are effectively 'just' paying customers.

I understand you're pissed off Dan, I think I would be too but is it fair to allow staff tickets for a game that could sell out 2 1/2 times over whilst at the same time charging adults 25% more and kids four times more?

I think the fairest way would have been a discount or buy one get one free for staff.

Can't see how Strike it Lucky Sellers and Programme sellers cannot be allowed into the ground tbh, if the club want programmes selling and strike it lucky tickets selling then they'll have to let them in, otherwise they'll have to bring Alan Hardy out of retirement to sell them.

I understand you're pissed off Dan, I think I would be too but is it fair to allow staff tickets for a game that could sell out 2 1/2 times over whilst at the same time charging adults 25% more and kids four times more?

I think the fairest way would have been a discount or buy one get one free for staff.

Can't see how Strike it Lucky Sellers and Programme sellers cannot be allowed into the ground tbh, if the club want programmes selling and strike it lucky tickets selling then they'll have to let them in, otherwise they'll have to bring Alan Hardy out of retirement to sell them.

Nobody gets 'free entry'. Volunteer staff gain entry to the ground in return for the work that they do.

So it's ok for them to get entry to the ground for the Brentford game on Sat cos it'll be a crap draw that nobody will be interested in, but not gain entry to 'the big games' cos there's money to be made?

Fine, charge them for a ticket but at least have the good grace to pay them for the work they do on the day! Or perhaps the club think voluntary staff will do it out if the goodness of their heart?!

I don't know why you're surprised Dan, the club has had this 'something for nothing' mentality for years. If it wasn't for fans volunteering the ground would have been condemned years ago….

"We need a PC...'

'We need a camera'

'We need the covers on….'

'We need the covers off..'

If the club can make money or save money by it not costing them nowt they will do, always been the case, but yet again they are biting the hand that feeds it.

In terms of free renovations they've got more work done for nowt than Mr Miyagi did!

Edited by oafcprozac

they expect us to turn up do our duties then leave,so what would be the point,if i had a ticket why turn up 2 hours b4 to make the club a few quid may aswell not bother

Without anything in return? Tell them to :censored: off. Watch it on telly or pay yourself in and refuse to do your 'duties'.

I don't know why you're surprised Dan, the club has had this 'something for nothing' mentality for years. If it wasn't for fans volunteering the ground would have been condemned years ago….

"We need a PC...'

'We need a camera'

'We need the covers on….'

'We need the covers off..'

If the club can make money or save money by it not costing them nowt they will do, always been the case, but yet again they are biting the hand that feeds it.

In terms of free renovations they've got more work done for nowt than Mr Miyagi did!

What pissed me off the most about this is reading Corney :censored:ing bleating in the MEN about having to give tickets to Liverpool and sponsors etc!!!

Now I wonder why all the staff have been told they have to purchase tickets?!!

I should also add that the views I express on this topic are mine and mine alone!

I hope minute ds get changed on this tbh, time, weather conditions etc....in fact its nearly laughable- either discuss with the club, bite the bullet and get on with it or tell them they best find someone else......***depends on how much you want it, after the cup tie. But yeah, think I'd be pretty hacked off too!

Edited by tangerinedreams

So, as a programme seller, you spend a large chunk of the first half not even watching the match because you have to continue to sell and then go and cash up afterwards....and having to fork out £25 when your going to miss a quarter of the game anyways? Typical Latics!

Easy solution for me.

I sell programmes and don't actually get sat in my seat until around 3-30 / 3-35 on a normal match day.

I presume that I will have to pay full price for a ticket when I only get to see 2 thirds of the "entertainment" ( I use that term loosely!!)

If I am expected to buy a ticket I may as well tell them to stick me selling programmes on that day. In fact I will go that step further and they can stick it full stop!!

That will please a certain member of our illustrious board!!

I wonder when they will actually tell us (I bet it won't be before we sell on Saturday!!)

Dave Hudson

Edit

It seems to have been handled badly this, the club should not expect you to something for nothing.

However, you are in a relative position of power and so perhaps give the club a bit the benefit of be doubt and negotiate as a group a better outcome.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

The match is expected to be a sell out and is all-ticket. That means that rather than let the support staff drift off into whatever part of the ground they usually do, a physical ticket will have to be issued.

Maybe the club are concerned that said tickets will be sold on?

Easy solution for me.

I sell programmes and don't actually get sat in my seat until around 3-30 / 3-35 on a normal match day.

I presume that I will have to pay full price for a ticket when I only get to see 2 thirds of the "entertainment" ( I use that term loosely!!)

If I am expected to buy a ticket I may as well tell them to stick me selling programmes on that day. In fact I will go that step further and they can stick it full stop!!

That will please a certain member of our illustrious board!!

I wonder when they will actually tell us (I bet it won't be before we sell on Saturday!!)

Dave Hudson

I suspect you'll get issue with a voucher on Sat Dave, once you've finished cashing up etc, so you can go and queue up like a good boy on Sunday morning.

Let me get this right...

The club want programme sellers, strike it lucky ect. to help them out by making money for the club.... and charging them £25 to do so?

If iv understood correctly, then thats f*cking low that... I hope you tell em where to go!

The match is expected to be a sell out and is all-ticket. That means that rather than let the support staff drift off into whatever part of the ground they usually do, a physical ticket will have to be issued.

Maybe the club are concerned that said tickets will be sold on?

So what? If they're getting something in return then why should that matter?