we could do with taking lessons off these......

14 or so passes, including some neat work by the goalie, on a moon surface of a pitch. Do we get our kids to pass and move like this? Is this why we'll never be able to compete at the very height of international football. I don't know, just asking. How are British kids coached?

14 or so passes, including some neat work by the goalie, on a moon surface of a pitch. Do we get our kids to pass and move like this? Is this why we'll never be able to compete at the very height of international football. I don't know, just asking. How are British kids coached?

In fairness, I don't think I've ever seen the Greek national team pass and move like that.

British kids that age probably wouldn't be playing on a full size pitch.

If that was Bouzanis or Cisak beating a man like that and then giving that pass most of the ground would be screaming at them. It was good plbethune the left back to give him the option. I did notice that the LB looked like he was a year younger than the rest and not as good on the ball, so somethings still stay the same.

Kids football in England has been about size and strength for a long time, hence why we're so far behind other international countries. It's applauded more if a child hoofs the ball forward than a kid attempting a through ball or short passing. Short kids have almost no chance to progress unless they're extremely talented from a very young age.

It was embarrassing watching us against Italy last year in the Euros, their players aren't better strikers of the ball or tacklers but they can pass for hours and we were annihilated due to that.

If you haven't already, watch a programme that was recently on ITV called "World's Greatest Player" all about Lionel Messi's youth and particularly about the passing and moving culture of Europe specifically Barcelona's La Masia academy.

Kids football in England has been about size and strength for a long time, hence why we're so far behind other international countries. It's applauded more if a child hoofs the ball forward than a kid attempting a through ball or short passing. Short kids have almost no chance to progress unless they're extremely talented from a very young age.

It was embarrassing watching us against Italy last year in the Euros, their players aren't better strikers of the ball or tacklers but they can pass for hours and we were annihilated due to that.

If you haven't already, watch a programme that was recently on ITV called "World's Greatest Player" all about Lionel Messi's youth and particularly about the passing and moving culture of Europe specifically Barcelona's La Masia academy.

Although pass and move is not new in the English game...Spurs were noted for what was then called 'push and run' in the early 1950s'.

http://thetwounfortu...otspur-1949-50/

Edited by BP1960