Winchester took 30mins to get confident and into the game then looked good either side of HT. The game went when Rosler put their version of Yaya Toure against him and he dissapeared. Changy is too inconsistent and lightweight as well, and constantly needs shouting at where to play.

PD why do you keep persisting with Millar??? He's never been a league one player and how on earth is he coming on and playing LWM / CM ahead of Mellor is crazy.

Crofty just doesn't do enough either for me. He is almost always treading water 2nd half and PD doesn't see it.

On the plus side #josebaxterbaby is here to stay (for now) and at times his first touch and pass were scarily good today. Well done PD and SC on that one!!

By most accounts they can, but not when they play the way that Dickov instructs them to play.

That must be the case as both Winchester and M'Chamgama played as holding midfielders, on the one occasion Winchester disobeyed orders and got forward he almost scored a goal.

We can't blame Taggart and Butler for this one, it shows it's the manager who is tactically inept (and I don't go with the theory he was a genius to change it around last week at Forest, most fans could see what was needed after 25 minutes).

Continually playing defensive midfielders and lightweights will I feel be his downfall.

BTW Croft was virtually non existent and I'm still looking forward to the day he goes past a man.

On the credit side Baxter worked hard and Grounds did ok.

Edited by BP1960

Am I the only one who thinks winchester offers nothing to the team? Would of much rather had Simpson in the centre and Hughes/Sutherland/miller on the wing

nope i don't think hes cut out for it either... He remind of a rubbish Gary Macdonald... invisible for most of the game but might get a goal... or in Winchester case a shot on goal.

Croft was awful. If Millar was going to come on it should have been earlier in the 2nd half...I dont rate the lad but Croft was dire today just looked for the easy way out all the time..

That must be the case as both Winchester and M'Chamgama played as holding midfielders, on the one occasion Winchester disobeyed orders and got forward he almost scored a goal.

If that's the case then it really doesn't bode well at all for the rest of the season.

If we find a new system/strategy then we can get away with only a couple of signings in the right areas, but if we stick with what we had tactically in the 1st half of the season then relegation is very likely.

nope i don't think hes cut out for it either... He remind of a rubbish Gary Macdonald... invisible for most of the game but might get a goal... or in Winchester case a shot on goal.

Croft was awful. If Millar was going to come on it should have been earlier in the 2nd half...I dont rate the lad but Croft was dire today just looked for the easy way out all the time..

If Millar had done as badly as Croft he would have been pilloried on here, in fact Millar did have one very good attempt a goal with a snapshot from 20 yards, if that had gone in he would have been a hero. Has Croft had a shot at goal or beat a man all season ?

I'm not saying Millar is the answer, but Croft's positive contribution was virtually nil today

Edited by BP1960

When we heard the team news going to the game , the centre midfield pairing was desperately depressing.

Winchester passed the ball well , sideways & backwards.

M'Changama is an impact player imo , looks good from the bench .

Rather have Captain Kirk coming off the bench than Kirk Millar ..........

Winchester was very poor.

Rookie playing alongside rookie.

He made the run that gave us our best chance. I wouldn't write him off.

But I'd change it for Notts County.

Bouzy

Wabara

Grounds

M'Voto

Byrne

M'Changama

Croft

Hughes

Baxter

Taylor

Simpson

And get the full back forwards more.

Rookie playing alongside rookie.

He made the run that gave us our best chance. I wouldn't write him off.

But I'd change it for Notts County.

Bouzy

Wabara

Grounds

M'Voto

Byrne

M'Changama

Croft

Hughes

Baxter

Taylor

Simpson

And get the full back forwards more.

You know he won't try anything different though.

Winchester was very poor.

Disagree. Thought he performed admirably. With a better player alongside him he would of done even better. We just don't have that luxury at the moment. Douglas, how effective is he. Picks up EVERY second ball and keep it simple. Top player at this level.

Edited by welshgaz

Disagree. Thought he performed admirably. With a better player alongside him he would of done even better have been carried. We just don't have that luxury at the moment. Douglas, how effective is he. Picks up EVERY second ball and keep it simple. Top player at this level.

FTFY.

Game of opinions :wink:

Disagree. Thought he performed admirably. With a better player alongside him he would of done even better. We just don't have that luxury at the moment. Douglas, how effective is he. Picks up EVERY second ball and keep it simple. Top player at this level.

He is far too lightweight and shows no signs of beefing up, has ability but needs to toughen up in this division.

1.) Winchester can play alongside Wes or Furman but not Youseff they were too light-weight and OK Brentfords 2 CM are both good players, especially Douglas, at this level but quite a few sides would have out played us in midfield.

2.) Simpson did alright trying to get to Smith's knockdowns when he was close enough but that was about all he did.

3.) I'm not sure if Wes and Furman were playing today it would have made all that much difference as the difference was Clayton Donaldson and the officials.