So he's not gone yet?!

Just got back from a day of meetings and was expecting news that he got the bullet.

I'm well :censored:ed off!

I was expecting an announcement from Simon Corney at very least and his silence speaks volumes.

A manager still in charge who can't influence his team, no assistant manager, a team full of holes and no sign of strengthening but a full house on Sunday, the fans still showing our commitment.....

Yes our hard core is dwindling but in order to boost the numbers then action is needed or do we just let the club suffer until we slip through the trapdoor into oblivion??!!

ACT NOW MR CORNEY....PLEASE!

The change has to come soon. There has been no improvement season on season and the current team seems incapable of turning it round, possibly under PD or another - there doesn't seem sufficient quality in the side to get the results needed. The more important thing is that a new man if brought in now would have the opportunity over the next 4 months to make an assessment of the squad, decide who should stay or go at the end of the season, and start to make his mind up about possible targets for the summer. That would be the case whether the season ends with relegation or escape. It seems pretty obvious that the current management has not got the managerial skills necessary to change the environment at Latics for the better in either the short or long term.

It seems to me that we couldn't do worse with any choice of alternate manager and a squad of experienced lower division journeymen rather than 'Championship' level players supported by a bench of inexperienced cheap youngsters.

I listened to games on Player (too far to travel) and it's depressing. If the opposition score first you feel that's the game gone, and if they put a bit of pressure on in the last 5 minutes you know we'll be likely to concede whatever the score.

We are crying out for a striker or two, that's all we need, the rest can hold their own as a squad, we've even been known to pass it around at times, what we lack is goals, not easy but there must be a half decent goals corer out ther for this level.

We are crying out for a striker or two, that's all we need, the rest can hold their own as a squad, we've even been known to pass it around at times, what we lack is goals, not easy but there must be a half decent goals corer out ther for this level.

I disagree, we have a soft centre

Concede silly goals (I know all teams do but not as much as us)

We have a lack of creativity bar a couple of players

We have no plan B, christ at times we dont have a plan A

We have players who duck out of tackles which is unforgiveable

I think we look at times short of fitness as individuals and a team

We dont keep clean sheets

We dont score enough goals

We dont press as a team we do it as individuals

We have some players who are league two standard

We let teams get crosses in far to easy and then dont track runners

Im not saying its easy at all but a lot of the above is basics and we dont do the majority of them 80% of the time

Before we start scoring goals I would like us to tightern up at the back and build from there. Our manager is a striker and at that one who was an average at best player who made more of himself by workrate which he cant instill into his players.

Who works with the players at the back? Come to think of it who works with the strikers?

I hope the next manager is a nasty sod who gets in amogst these players and brings 1 or 2 down a peg or two

He's gone didnt you know?

Quarmby is acting caretaker for Liverpool game.

If this is true it could be the answer to our striker problems.

Billy will surely pick himself as star centre forward and boy can the kid play (I have seen him warming up with the first team)! :wink:

There is no way he will be gone till after the Liverpool game.

Not worth a thread till after, and then it depends what happens.

Those games against WAllsall, Yeovil and MK Dons are crucial.

What if we get a draw v Liverpool?

Everyone seems to have written us off. Of course that is all logic, but since when was a football match entirely based on logic.

Edited by singe

There is no way he will be gone till after the Liverpool game.

Not worth a thread till after, and then it depends what happens.

Those games against WAllsall, Yeovil and MK Dons are crucial.

What if we get a draw v Liverpool?

Everyone seems to have written us off. Of course that is all logic, but since when was a football match entirely based on logic.

Seems like we have been saying this for most games this season and it cannot go on!

I keep checking the official site, expecting to read the news that he has resigned/been sacked, but no, it's just more seemingly trivial bollox that appears to be glossing over the fact that the club is in the mire and pretending that nothing is wrong. Lets face it, Latics are going into League Two.