Connor Brown?

so, with Wabara going to Blackpool, is it finally time for Connor Brown to step up to the plate or will PD bring ANOTHER loanee in or play Byrne out of position again? Personally think Brown is very good on the ball but is prone to his mistakes- shown against Preston when he nearly scored an own goal. (I think). I would really like PD to give the lad a chance, he looked good against Portsmouth when he was on the pitch and then Wabara came and he never really got another chance. What do you think?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many games has brown actually played for us this season?

People keep saying he is better than Wabara but what are you baseing it on?

Wabara just stepped up a level, Does anyone think Brown will do that?

Or is just a question of he is ours so he should play.......I wonder if all these crosses will stop coming in now Reece has gone

Or is just a question of he is ours so he should play.......I wonder if all these crosses will stop coming in now Reece has gone

according to Wiki he's played 8. I reckon he can still do the same job Wabara did given good coaching.

Has Wabara actually stepped up a level because he was better than this league or because he plays for City? I think it's the latter.

When Brown has played, other than the Pompey sending off, I can't remember one mistake he's made. Looks to me like a steady footballer that DOES HIS JOB! He defends and tries to get forward when necessary, not the other way round which Wabara was prone to, he was out of position so often.

Has Wabara actually stepped up a level because he was better than this league or because he plays for City? I think it's the latter.

When Brown has played, other than the Pompey sending off, I can't remember one mistake he's made. Looks to me like a steady footballer that DOES HIS JOB! He defends and tries to get forward when necessary, not the other way round which Wabara was prone to, he was out of position so often.

Both, He will be a good champinship player and he is from City but he would not have gone up if teams had not seen him perform for us, they will have scouted him and thought he can do the job for them

As I said in another thread you give Brown a few games and see if these goals stop, when they dont who do we blame?

Just because he plays for city does not mean that championship sides are going to instantly sign him Warbara has earned the right to step up a level, I take it you were a big fan of Kelvin Lomax back in the day.

Nothing enhances a players reputation more than not playing for losing team.

Just because he plays for city does not mean that championship sides are going to instantly sign him Warbara has earned the right to step up a level, I take it you were a big fan of Kelvin Lomax back in the day.

Nothing enhances a players reputation more than not playing for losing team.

If Wabara has earned the right to play at a higher level then Grounds must be Premier League standard.

Grounds was awesome on Sunday but did anybody notice what I alluded to the other day

a cross came in and grounds signalled it was ok it was going out! on this occasion it did but he had no idea that Downing or Henderson (dont know which were teararseing in behind him and he hadnt seen it! been happening all season and its been costing us and it will again,

No Wabara to blame for it now so lets see what happens

Think Wabara has been grossly over rated by a lot, ok ish for league one level but think he will get found out in the championship.

Overlapping he is good at but defensive positional play and crossing he is useless.

Brown is a similar sort of player and has similar faults but he is OUR player and should have been playing from the start.

I reckon give him as many games as Wabara and everybody will have forgotten him (except his winner on Sunday)

As I've said before, the whole Brown/Warbara debate reminds me of the Lomax/Eardley one of a few years back.

Ridiculous comparison, Lomax and Eardley were both ours and had both been given long spells to play in the right back position.

Wabara was never ours and to be fair Brown has only played a handful of games.

Eardley made many mistakes in his first full season!

It's pretty simple for me. We signed a good young player in Brown then signed a replacement for him before he'd played much. When need to free up wages for another area of the team (though I bet we didnt pay much of Wabara's wage) and Brown is OUR player. Brown hasn't done much wrong when he has played. Get him in

Wabara is comfortably a better player than Brown which isn't to say that I wouldn't be happy to now see Brown get a run in the team. I'll be expecting mistakes and, if he is to make it, some gradual improvement. Although we signed him as a free agent, it's a similar view to whether we continue with the youth setup or not. Sometimes, if you think they can make a decent fist of it you give kids a run and be patient with them when they make mistakes whatever the club's predicament.