Bottom six transfer activity

Does this tell us anything about the teams we have to beat?

Nicky Ajose [Peterborough - Bury] Loan

Stephene Zubar [bournemouth - Bury] Loan

Mark Hughes [bury - Accrington] Loan

George Porter [burnley - Colchester] Loan

Dominic Samuel [Reading - Colchester] Loan

Billy Clifford [Chelsea - Colchester] Loan

Sam Walker [Chelsea - Colchester] Loan

Jabo Ibehre [MK Dons - Colchester] Free

David Wright [Crystal Palace - Colchester] Free

Anthony Wordsworth [Colchester - Ipswich] £100k to 200k

Paul Murray [unattached - Oldham]

Jordan Obita [Reading - Oldham] Loan

Chris Iwelumo [Watford - Oldham] Loan

Lee Barnard [southampton - Oldham] Loan

James Keene [Elfsborg - Portsmouth] Loan

Sam Sodje [unattached - Portsmouth]

Yassin Moutaouakil [Hayes and Yeading - Portsmouth] Free

Shaun Cooper [Crawley - Portsmouth] Loan

Akpo Sodje [unattached - Scunthorpe]

Stephen McGinn [Watford - Shrewsbury] Loan

David McAllister [sheffield United - Shrewsbury] Undisclosed

Rob Edwards [barnsley - Shrewsbury] Loan

Asa Hall [shrewsbury - Aldershot] Loan

Terry Gornell [shrewsbury - Rochdale] Undisclosed

Hartlepool have done nothing so they seem to have given up. Scunthorpe have added one player - their fans must be concerned. Bury have two in and one out - short of money. Shrewsbury have three in and two out - another club short of money but have tried to improve. Portsmouth with four in trying hard even with the potential deduction of 10 points. Colchester have gone for it six in and one out and they won their last game, a problem for us.

To wait until the end of the window smacks of trying to get the best deal i.e. cheaply. To wait until the end of the window whilst your manager entertains City fans smacks of a lack of commitment. Corney is trying but is Dickov?

Corney is trying but is Dickov?

Could be, and probably is the case that Dickov identified his targets and Corney did the negotiating. I'm fairly certain Corney wouldn't have allowed a PA if he was in any way concerned about transfer activity.

Yep, maybe Razza, only passing on what my county supporting colleague told me last night.

Could've seen it being a possibility (think he's been mentioned every transfer window for the last 3 years) if Iwelumo hadn't signed as similar players but it'd be an unnecessary signing now I reckon.

Why would we spend money on another striker?

Razza, I havent said anything on spending money on a striker, I was told by my colleague that he may train with us.

I dont really give a rats ass on the matter, its friday lunchtime, I am eating chips and peas at my desk and happy.

Colchester will miss Wordsworth a lot more than they think, probably like us and Taylor. And Scunny will be stretched if theyre only bringing one player in as well as losing Clarke.

We should be well clear in the first place, Shrewsbury are 4 points ahead of us and Bury are solid and beat us easily at BP. Us/Shrews/Bury are also the ones who have bought new players in. We have to be looking at climbing that table and fast!