Youth set up stays

The right move and, whether it is from here or elsewhere, the club appear to have taken supporters views on board as they seemed to be veering away from this the other week.

Hope supporters keep our side of the deal as well. You need patience with teams of kids which doesn't mean writing them off after a could of dodgy moments and undermining their confidence.

So it should do too. Its bollocks all this 'new premier league transfer fee' :censored:e. All it means is we just dont sell them. Fine by me.

Once they make it with us we can sell for whatever we want, it's just before they make the breakthrough where we get shafted, so your deals for Micah Richards, Scott Spencer and Danny Philliskirk are no more. So it pays to fast track those you think are good enough. Tbh I'd rather do that than play a procession of loanees

This is the right decision. The main argument for getting rid actually had me partly convinced for a while: Jose Baxter vs Kirk Millar et al.

But longer term its absolutely right that we stick with the youth set up. Lets hope for more Eardleys and Taylors.

Presumably the EPPP vote was a major factor behind the discussion. I wish lower league clubs had more collective bollocks to stand up to the Premier League (perhaps with some FA support).

Fishul story here - http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/20130205-youthsaved-639631.aspx

Edited by bossrocks

Great news and if you read the small print we wouldn't get so shafted because additional payments become due depending on performance. It could also mean those that didn't make it might come back to the club where they started and do a good job in the lower league. As good news as the side step - we do have a future!

Once they make it with us we can sell for whatever we want, it's just before they make the breakthrough where we get shafted, so your deals for Micah Richards, Scott Spencer and Danny Philliskirk are no more. So it pays to fast track those you think are good enough. Tbh I'd rather do that than play a procession of loanees

As per my point above, in the near future we won't be able to play a procession of loanees.