Team for Everton

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only play Smith if we are going to be proactive about getting the balls down the wing and playing to the strength of putting the balls in the box. Whats the point otherwise. As long as the lads go out and look like they turned up to win I couldnt care if we made 5 mistakes and lost 5 nil. Personally all Ive seen of Heitinga since he came to England is he's slow and prone to panicing. Lets get some pressure on him and the game is on.

Got to be Barnard and Smiff up front.

Big man, little man combination.

Baxter to serve them, Wes and Furman as a safety net.

Worried about the right-hand side of the pitch though. Need reinforcements, will Croft and Brown deal with Baines and Pienaar?

1 of the midfield 2 will have to cover or we could play another defender in place of Brown.

Can't see Smith starting after 3 weeks out.

We can't play Barnard , Iwelumo & Baxter , or midfield will get run over.

Furman will start instead of Iwelumo me thinks.

I think the Youth coah will give Tarks a start , who knows how he will handle it .

Biggest problem for me is Brown for Wabara , think they will target this big time.

There's a fair few selection dilemma's but I'd go with:

Bouzy

Brown

Byrne

Mvoto

Grounds

Croft

Furman

Wes

Baxter

Iwelumo

Barnard

A bit harsh on Tarky and Smith but there's no guarentee that Barnard will play as well with Smith as he has with big Chris and I think Byrne's experience will be crucial. Going 4-2-3-1 with Barnard on his own and Obita on the left is possible but I'd rather us be more attacking and dominate the middle a la Liverpool.

Smith for the last 20 minutes could be a nightmare for them to deal with!

No brainer, same team as last week. Where was Byrne's experience in the last nine league games before MK Dons?

Fair point, although it helped us a lot against Forest and Liverpool. I have doubts about Tarky and Mvoto as a pairing in a match like this although I'll be happily proven wrong.

The biggest worry about playing last week's team is in central midfield, Wes and Baxter as a pairing are very likely to be overran by their midfield in a key area of the pitch. Furman alongside them would solve this and Croft can play narrow or wide depending on the situation.