Application Rejection.

Always wondered - When clubs like Latics boast to the media that they've "had over 40 applications for their vacant managers post", whether they include applications like this in that figure?

Edited by JoeP

Yeah I am but after an email correspondence with Corney they gave me an interview, focusing more on the possibility of working on the administration side of the club in the future I think.

A story about a supporter getting an interview for the Team Manager's job would interest the 'Hawksbee & Jacobs' programme on TalkSport Radio, particularly while waiting for the new manager announcement. Could even make the rarely-wrong Chron....... next month.

Always wondered - When clubs like Latics boast to the media that they've "had over 40 applications for their vacant managers post", whether they include applications like this in that figure?

38 out of the 41, probably!

And they approach the ones [or agents of ones] they are interested in I suspect!

Edited by singe

Boring!

A human interest story about a Club encouraging a young supporter, rather than dismissing him out of hand. What's to laugh at?

Agree. Don't see any harm in it at all. Why would we be looked at like a laughing stock? Some people need to lighten up abit.

I think they just pluck a figure out of mid-air to put pressure on the serious contenders during negotiations.