Chaddy End or George Hill?

Okay, so I'm showing my age - I believe it's the Pentagon stand now :)

Used to have a season ticket in the Chaddy and coming to my first game in years and years - in fact, I'm coming back as a full time supporter again :)

My son is 5 and has been to a couple of matches and doesn't like the cheering when people score - scares him a bit - so was thinking half way line in the George Hill stand as opposed to the Chaddy.

Good idea or disagree?

Used to have a season ticket in the Chaddy and coming to my first game in years and years - in fact, I'm coming back as a full time supporter again :)

My son is 5 and has been to a couple of matches and doesn't like the cheering when people score - scares him a bit - so was thinking half way line in the George Hill stand as opposed to the Chaddy.

Good idea or disagree?

Can't be that scared then can he..ha! ha!

Remember taking my lad when he was 5 and he used to start crying when we scored but it was during the pinch me years and we were scoring for fun!!

Get him in the perimeters of the RRE and move him closer to the centre as the weeks go by and he'll gradually get used to it!

Eee in my day we used to get left clinging to the metal pitch side perimeter fence for 90 mins. Chaddy was standing and 5k full of noisy chanting neanderthals and not a clue where your parent/guardian was standing. Unless I went with my black mate whose dad was easy to spot.

Edited by Yard Dog

Eee in my day we used to get left clinging to the metal pitch side perimeter fence for 90 mins. Chaddy was standing and 5k full of noisy chanting neanderthals and not a clue where your parent/guardian was standing. Unless I went with my black mate whose dad was easy to spot.

That's reet and we kids used to get lifted over people's heads in the crowd - mind you, I think that's an arrestable offence nowadays.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

My nephew didnt like the Chaddy against Liverpool partly because there was a scuffle bewteen Latics nad LFC fans and an old fella behind us kept shouting *SIT DOWN* which he thought was directed at him and was scared to stand up when Latics attacked.

Good job he didnt go in the 70's when I used to go in Chaddy!! Bloody hell it was murder, scraps every week, hot pies and bovril used has missiles, when Latics scored it was bedlam I used to get pushed right down the front of the chaddy, in the end I gave up and went back in the Paddocks!!! haha

Oh and he mastered the *:censored:* sign in the Chaddy aswell at the Liverpool match becuase he saw someone in front of us doing it to Brad Jones he thought he could do it, still doesnt quite understand why it is classed has rude, how do you tell a 9 year old that????

Try the family section of the haddy it might be a bit better int here.

Janet

Edited by Heath

Main Stands definitely your best bet for people keeping quiet, but there's a lot of moaning and swearing in there, maybe the corners in the Chaddy or the far corner of the RRE are your best bet for quietened cheering?

I sit in the Main Stand on the halway line and here is very little moaning or swearing around me - just the occasional snore and steady hum of pacemakers... :chubb:

Good job he didnt go in the 70's when I used to go in Chaddy!! Bloody hell it was murder, scraps every week, hot pies and bovril used has missiles, when Latics scored it was bedlam I used to get pushed right down the front of the chaddy, in the end I gave up and went back in the Paddocks!!! haha.

Janet

Them were t'days, Janet - hot pies!

Ha ha thanks everyone - it's just left me even more undecided - I will decide at the moment the woman at the ticket office asks me where I want to sit.

£10 for a junior season ticket - bargain :)

I don't think they do the £10 junior season ticket for the main stand. I'm not sure what the rules are for a 5 year old, surely they don't have to pay £10 a week, somebody might be able to clarify!

Main Stands definitely your best bet for people keeping quiet, but there's a lot of moaning and swearing in there, maybe the corners in the Chaddy or the far corner of the RRE are your best bet for quietened cheering?

I've sat in the Main Stand Upper for a number of games, yes there is the odd person moaning but it's nothing worse than what you get in other parts of the ground there are a lot of neutral people who sit in the Main Stand

That's reet and we kids used to get lifted over people's heads in the crowd - mind you, I think that's an arrestable offence nowadays.

Aaah, the memories, I remember a shot coming blazing towards me and it was either crippled hands or quickly manoeuvring to hang like a monkey off the top of the fence. Them were rhe days!

Good idea or disagree?

Bottom left of paddock next to the Rochdale Rd end is quiet, can be crap if it rains though