Ticket office should take a leaf out of TP's book

My first son was was born Monday night, so first job was to send Grandad for his first season ticket yesterday. I was shocked (but the more I think about it it's typical Latics) to find out the ticket office were too busy and that we should try again in a couple of weeks.

Surely this goes against evertything SC is trying to achieve. If only we had two other clubs on our doorstep?!!

:laught30: Unbelieveable. Just about the busiest period the club has had in the last 10 years, trying to dole out tickets for these cup games whilst also carrying on with the normal day to day duties leading upto an important home league game on Saturday and someone thinks the clubs priority should be to process a £10 junior season ticket for a new born to cover the next 8 games. Brilliant :petesake:

:laught30: Unbelieveable. Just about the busiest period the club has had in the last 10 years, trying to dole out tickets for these cup games whilst also carrying on with the normal day to day duties leading upto an important home league game on Saturday and someone thinks the clubs priority should be to process a £10 junior season ticket for a new born to cover the next 8 games. Brilliant :petesake:

How long would it take to process? My own ticket for Everton is sorted by the way. My mate got one for his baby girl when she was born and as he is now the fourth generation of regular Latics supporters in my family, I don't think it is a massive ask. Especially as he will go even when this "busiest period for 10 years" is long forgotten

How long would it take to process?

Did Grandad have said baby's ID with him so soon after the birth? If not it would take as long as it takes you to provide it. Probably the few few days you were asked to wait, during which we would sell a couple of thousand tickets at £20 a pop. Stop pointlessly wasting peoples time.

How long would it take to process? My own ticket for Everton is sorted by the way. My mate got one for his baby girl when she was born and as he is now the fourth generation of regular Latics supporters in my family, I don't think it is a massive ask. Especially as he will go even when this "busiest period for 10 years" is long forgotten

Seriously you. Just read this...

New borns get in free anyway. Not as if they can walk thru the turnstile themselves is it?

As you have created a Latics Fan for life, your son qualifies to join Boundary Blues.

http://www.oldhamath...ns/junior-fans/

Get an application form from the Club Shop, without troubling the Ticket Office.

it is not to get him in the games this season. This is to be able to tell my boy that he had his first season ticket when he was born.

One day he'll read this thread and appreciate the sentiment.

Anyway. What's two weeks when he's got a lifetime of pain and depression in the post because of the team you've made him support?