Lets go with hope rather than expectancy

We've done fantastic so far this season, to be in the 5th round and have the scalps of Liverpool and Forest to our name. Managing to get a replay v Everton was a fantastic achievement in itself. Most of us realised Everton was going to be a tougher proposition to Liverpool. Everton are/were far less likely to succumb to bullying tactics, getting a draw at home is one thing, doing it in Everton's backyard when they themselves can see a potential very winable home fixture against the plastics in the next round and a real prospect of at least getting to the semi's is another.

Whatever the result the cup run re-ignites mine and others love for latics, lets not waste this opportunity. For too long crowds have been falling when they see the product on the pitch decline along with the stadium. Once you kill a supporters hope you kill the supporter.

We have the makings off a very good league 1 team, lets try not to make wholesale changes year on year, and lets keep the nucleus together. Lets try to hang onto the likes of Mvoto, Tarky, Grounds, Furman, Wes, Baxter, Croft, Smith, Bouzy/Cisak.

Hopefully manage to get this new stand planning permission granted and lets get the 1st brick layed, new scoreboard wouldn't go a miss either. Even the small things like a lick of paint on the chaddy's roof can make a difference. Lets show we're not in decline, give the supporters that hope back.

Finally TP has dont great since taking on the role of manager. However if he doesn't want it, he doesn't want it, and if it goes tits up i'd hate to lose a club legend. I hope if an appointment has to be made SC does everything he can to persuade Dowie to take on the role. I get the impression TP had a great working relationship with Dowie and from snippets of interviews it seems he has tried to implement alot of the things from when he was coaching alongside Dowie, such as letting the opposition worry about us rather than focussing too much on them.

Here Here 100% agree - IF he wants to manage again then agree with you Dowie is the one for us out of the dross on offer, only other one is Phil Brown but i have my doubts as to what he could actually give us; at least we know Dowie has pretty good tactics, work ethic and a positive attitude to games and that fits our club.

However, assuming things have stalled due to wages not being agreeable, if, for instance, Dowie is on lets say 150k a year and we can only offer 70k, i don't think even the most willing managers would accept that - there is one thing wanting to get back managing and joinging us; which I am sure Dowie is keen on, but when all said and done anyone with a family and who has become accustomed to functioning on a certain level of income, it is a massive hit and change in lifestylr for him to acknowledge and be willing to do - can't blame him if that's the case.

Don't envy SC one bit - Dowie is the man but aside from him i honestly could not pick a manager out of who is available be it experience or rookie who ticks most if not all of the boxes to take us forward..........................

They can conquer who believe they can.

Virgil (70BC - 19BC)

Of course they can, but even if they dont lets use this as a catalyst to move the club forward. For too long the club has shown it's in deline rather than on the up. With a new stand earmarked, get the key players tied down, a lick of paint a new bloody scoreboard (even a reconditioned one would do :laught30: ). Then lets get the belief back amongst the supporters, for quite a few years in league 1 we got gates between 5k-6k on a regular basis, always had a belief that maybe just maybe this could be our year. For me and many others that belief got lost, attendances plummeted as a result. IMO it's just not the product on the pitch that needs to be put right but the supporters and more importantly the stayaways need to see the whole club is on the up.

"keep_the_faith" - I'm not sure you are living up to your name.

If we were playing at Wembley I would make Everton firm favourites but we are not, we are going where we have won before and Jose Baxter Baby is going to be the man of the match. Everton are still favourites but not by that much. We can do it and I believe we will!

Im not sure you read my post properly.

Not saying we are in for a hammering..

IF....

IF you can keep your head when all about you

Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,

If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,

But make allowance for their doubting too;

If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,

Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,

Or being hated, don't give way to hating,

And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;

If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;

If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster

And treat those two impostors just the same;

If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken

Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,

Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,

And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings

And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,

And lose, and start again at your beginnings

And never breathe a word about your loss;

If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew

To serve your turn long after they are gone,

And so hold on when there is nothing in you

Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!'

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,

' Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch,

if neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,

If all men count with you, but none too much;

If you can fill the unforgiving minute

With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,

Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,

And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

IF you can keep your head when all about you

Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,

If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,

But make allowance for their doubting too;

If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,

Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,

Or being hated, don't give way to hating,

And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;

If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;

If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster

And treat those two impostors just the same;

If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken

Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,

Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,

And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings

And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,

And lose, and start again at your beginnings

And never breathe a word about your loss;

If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew

To serve your turn long after they are gone,

And so hold on when there is nothing in you

Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!'

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,

' Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch,

if neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,

If all men count with you, but none too much;

If you can fill the unforgiving minute

With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,

Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,

And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

'If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster

And treat those two impostors just the same;'

Got me thinking - what would constitute a disaster? A defeat like the one Bradford suffered yesterday?

For me it is all about how we play - and for me, a victory is more hope than expectation - but it has been fun - so much fun and whatever the result my overriding memory is of the smiling faces at full time in the Everton home game and that immense feeling of pride in the team.

'If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster

And treat those two impostors just the same;'

Got me thinking - what would constitute a disaster? A defeat like the one Bradford suffered yesterday?

For me it is all about how we play - and for me, a victory is more hope than expectation - but it has been fun - so much fun and whatever the result my overriding memory is of the smiling faces at full time in the Everton home game and that immense feeling of pride in the team.

If we get done 5-0, it's exactly what SHOULD happen. I'm only going to be gutted if we lose in extra time, pens or lose to a cheated goal.

What's a distaster? Baxter, M'Voto and Barnard all get injured.

Edited by pukka