DRUM NOT GOING TO EVERTON

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I'm sorry for not being factual. They were supporters of other teams and not just city and united. I really don't understand why people moan about having a drum at a match. If you don't like it there are plenty of other seats about. Or bring your Radio so you can drown out any kind of support for the team.

Ok I'm sorry for not being factual. They were supporters of other teams and not just city and united. I really don't understand why people moan about having a drum at a match. If you don't like it there are plenty of other seats about. Or bring your Radio so you can drown out any kind of support for the team.

Which games are you talking about where, in the absence of the mighty drum, a brilliant atmosphere was enhanced by the supporters of other clubs? I've been to every home game bar boxing day and it has passed me by.

I'm on about the 'big' games. As in Liverpool and everton. That's the only time there has been a really good atmosphere. Which was mostly down to the fact that we had a lot of other clubs supporters singing for us. Is this clear enough?

The atmosphere at boundary park isn't exactly brilliant, which I'm sure is the only thing we can all

agree on. If the drum is there, its there for one reason, to enhance the atmosphere. To get everyone singing. To get behind the team.

Now I struggle to find any reason why this is bad other than you don't like a drum banging near you at a football match. To which you can sit somewhere else. Where the noise is less deafening.

Why do people complain so much? It's just part of being at a football match wether you like it or not.

No. I saw no evidence at all of that. Just about everybody singing their heads off near me were in Latics colours. If it was "mostly" down to these imported fans there must have been loads of them. Very strange behaviour to sing for another club.

Or are you just talking bollocks? Tough one.

So you honestly think that all the extra fans were oldham fans?

Yeah. Latics fans that have been disillusioned for the past few seasons by poor performance and high ticket prices, etc. We were averaging 5/6 thousand + a few seasons ago, do you think all those other fans just evaporated?

So you honestly think that all the extra fans were oldham fans? They must all have Saturday jobs and work the odd Tuesday night I guess.

You are now changing your argument. There were certainly fans of other clubs there, Liverpool and Everton in our sections for a start. As I have said in another post I regularly bring Manure and Citeh fans on an extra kid's ST. However I haven't seen any of them singing vigorously for Latics , which was your point originally, or does sitting quietly now constitute create atmosphere?

Oh a drum

Me like drum

Drum help me sing and do clap clap

Oooh you don't like drum

You no like sing and clap clap

You miserable bastard

You must move to: A) Another stand B ) a library C) a Manchester club.

Edited by Magic Mikey

You are now changing your argument. There were certainly fans of other clubs there, Liverpool and Everton in our sections for a start. As I have said in another post I regularly bring Manure and Citeh fans on an extra kid's ST. However I haven't seen any of them singing vigorously for Latics , which was your point originally, or does sitting quietly now constitute create atmosphere?

Oh a drum

Me like drum

Drum help me sing and do clap clap

Oooh you don't like drum

You no like sing and clap clap

You miserable bastard

You must move to: A) Another stand B ) a library C) a Manchester club.

Well in all honesty my argument was that the drum improves atmosphere and to be honest I'm not really arsed how many oldham fans or other clubs fans were at the Liverpool and Everton games. Oldham fans to me are the ones that have season tickets and granted that some people have moved too far to get to the games. They are fans to me. Anyway I'm off to enjoy the sunshine and listen to some drums bang away

Do you think all our exiles are from anywhere but oldham? I'm sure they will all be back when the cheap metrolink is up and running ;)

An exile is someone who does not reside in their home town (ie Oldham) the metrolink will not make a jot of difference to these people, they have to get a coach, train or drive long distances in cars before they can even think of getting on a tram.

I'm on about the 'big' games. As in Liverpool and everton. That's the only time there has been a really good atmosphere. Which was mostly down to the fact that we had a lot of other clubs supporters singing for us. Is this clear enough?

As r Jim Royle would say

Other clubs' supporters - my 4rse

Edited by stevesidg