New Manager Now Please

Now that we're out of the cup and can focus on the league, Mr Corney, can you please bring in a new manager and his back room staff?!? Let the excellent TP go back to what he loves and focus on the youth. We're ridiculously under staffed in the coaching set up, you now have the funds from a fantastic cup run. Make us proud with your appointment!!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the basis that we've got Byrne, Murray and possibly Iwelumo doing the jobs of two departed people, are we really that short?

I'd agree with you though. I'd like to know what's happening at least until the end of the season and I think it would help everybody - coaches, players and fans - to get that far.

My preference is Dowie.

I think Corney's trying get TP to sleepwalk into it.

My instinct says the manager next season will be .... Cliff Byrne.

On the basis that we've got Byrne, Murray and possibly Iwelumo doing the jobs of two departed people, are we really that short?

I'd agree with you though. I'd like to know what's happening at least until the end of the season and I think it would help everybody - coaches, players and fans - to get that far.

My preference is Dowie.

I am starting to think the boards interpretation of 'the right appointment' is 'the cheapest of cheap appointments that we can get away with'. Really really hope I am wrong.

I am starting to think the boards interpretation of 'the right appointment' is 'the cheapest of cheap appointments that we can get away with'. Really really hope I am wrong.

Well that's what drives my instinct.

Oliver Dowie's tweet (I know, I know) along the lines of "Dad's been waiting for a project like this" suggested that he would take the job if he was allowed to structure the coaching side and playing side more professionally and look further than the end of the following season when giving a player a contract.

The fact Dowie isn't in place could be about a lot more than his personal salary. I think he might take the job if the appropriate progressive structures are operating.

All guesswork on my part of course.

We have had a good role recently, would I get marked down if we make TP Director of football and promote Paul Gerrard as 1st team coach with Muzza as player coach?.

Im a bit beamused that its all gone quiet, maybe SC was wating to see if the current managment are upto it.

I think it will be TP until the end of the season, but it would help if it was communicated.

After that I think it will be another chance on someone with no experience but looking to get into management.

Jamie Carragher?

Good shout on Carragher, just depends if SC wants experience or happy to try a novice.

Carra will walk straight into a Liverpool coaching role.

I totally agree, but I do seem to remember reading that he was looking to retire and pursue a career in management?

I may be wrong.

I do think, even if management didn't work for him he would be welcomed back to a coaching role at Liverpool at any time due to his loyalty.

I think there will be a game where it becomes obvious that TP can't continue doing all the jobs he is doing. I don't think he's reached that point just yet and if we change now when we've won all 3 league games with him in charge we'll keep thinking "What might've been" when the new manager starts losing a few games.

My preference is Dowie.

But we are a professional football club and should have staff for specific roles, especially coaching. Its great that we have players (albeit Murray isnt expecting to play any time soon) that can coach and look after the affairs of training but to me, it feels like we are taking advantage of that in order to cut short term costs. If we get complacent with those savings then those short term cuts will become long term and we will depend on the players coaching themselves. Just wish i could trust Corney and not worry about it, but i dont.

Surely Dickov has shown us that you should only appoint someone who has coaching experience. Ex players should not walk into management jobs.

Corney is getting his management done on the very cheap. I suspect when TP said, again and again, that he doesn't want the job SC decided to take his time given that TP has done such a good job in the league.

Problems start on Saturday and March is going to be very difficult for us particularly as every team round us won last night.

We needed a new manager last week not next week or the week after. The failure to act, unless he has it all sorted, could cost us our league 1 status just as acting too late could also cost us.

If we continue to pay peanuts we will never make progress....I wouldn't want us to break the bank to land Dowie but everything is relative.

Success breeds success, if Dowie gets us challenging around the playoffs it would put a couple of thousand on the gate=£30k a home game=£690k a season.

We have been starved of success for too long, surely the experiences of the last few weeks has proved to Corney that the Oldham public will support a successful team.

We aren't flushed with cash but I really don't understand this obsession of trying to do everything on the cheap......if we get things right on the pitch, everything off it will look after itself!!!

Dowie definitely NOT coming back I'm afraid

Means I've lost my bet and really wanted him to return but I'm afraid is a definite no

Ok, so it's not Dowie. TP doesn't want the job. We don't want Sammy Lee. It won't be Paul Scholes. It's too late for Billy Davies and Simon Grayson. So, who will it be? Phil Brown keeps popping back in to my head! Radio Manchester can't be paying Brown as much as Sky pay Dowie?

For the latest odds and a reminder of some of the names: http://www.oddscheck...rmanent-manager