Should I go in the Away end on saturday?

I went to Stoke at the old Victoria Ground, got there late having travelled from Wolverhampton, didn't know which end was which, so I asked a copper where the away end was - "In here" and walked into the Stoke terrace behind the goal.

I just found a steward in a walkway halfway up the stand - stood with them until half time when he got someone to walk me round the ground to our fans.

iirc the ref was an asian guy (must have been 87-88 at a guess, maybe 88-89) - seemed pretty uncommon and I think it still is?

Only Oldham fan in the old cage of the Rochdale Rd end v Stoke mates from Uni. IMS we won 5-0 with a Stitch hat trick ....classic header and even the Stoke fans applauded have to say it was interesting.

I cant remember us ever beating Stoke 5.0..??

Sort of tangitential but why was there a guy in the Latics end yesterday just in front of me wearing a Preston North End hat, scarf and shirt?

If you don't support Latics you'd think that you'd at least hide your colours...

he's a friend of Oldham fans comes a few Oldham games where Preston have not played.

Sort of tangitential but why was there a guy in the Latics end yesterday just in front of me wearing a Preston North End hat, scarf and shirt?

If you don't support Latics you'd think that you'd at least hide your colours...

This guy has been mentioned a few times dont know his name goes with the junction lot seems friendly enough he was at Doncaster away done quite a few Oldham games this season.

Latics must of been playing along way from.home but I had a free saturday, bored, went to gigg lane as fc utd were playing halifax and I live 5min walk. Went in with the 500 or so inbred yorkshire lot as they are lesser of 2 evils... Instantly regretted it when everyone around me stood and sung anti lancashire, pro yorkshire, harold shipman songs. Felt dirty and like I was letting my county down.

Had to leave 5 mins before half time

Edited by keep_the_faith

Instantly regretted it when everyone around me stood and sung anti lancashire, pro yorkshire, harold shipman songs. Felt dirty and like I was letting my county down.

I was like that when I went to see York vs, I think, Stevenage at Wembley. Sat firmly on my hands through most of their numbers

To the OP. Please do go into the away end and sing I'm a bastard. It's a :censored:ing stupid question to ask. What next, going in the home end at millwall.

Bastard steward put us in the home end at The Den when we arrived late for the last game of the season in their promotion year. That was a bit tense, knowing that if we stopped them winning it'd prevent them being crowned champions. Think we got dicked, and were something like 3-0 down at half time, so all was ok in the end. The stewards let us in the away bit at half time.