Tarkowski lesson

Thou must not dwell on the ball.

Sure he knows he made a mistake but is a fine, young prospect who will thrive if people don't get on his back for such things. I remember that, as a youngster, Rio Ferdinand used to make such errors every couple of weeks.

My point is he is prone to dwelling on the ball, and has been ever since his days in the youth team.

Good a player as he is, If he doesn't learn that basic he isn't going to progress as high as some people think.

Edited by BP1960

Do not drop him next game whoever is in charge!

He is a huge prospect who will improve more and more every game, his confidence will be shattered if he gets dropped its happened too many times before, stick with him and he will be a real asset for the club.

Do not drop him next game whoever is in charge!

He is a huge prospect who will improve more and more every game, his confidence will be shattered if he gets dropped its happened too many times before, stick with him and he will be a real asset for the club.

I don't want him dropped, only to learn from his mistakes.

No I understand that, Its just in the past he has made mistakes and he will again but if he is dropped for the next game his confidence willl drop, he needs game time to get them out of his system, hopefully we wont concede every time an error is made but game time will help him learn from the mistakes he makes.

and like you said if he does not learn then he will always play for teams like us at this level. I think he will get better and better with time

Edited by palmer1

To be fair, I thought he had a decent game and that mistake was the only one he really made. It just had to be the one that led to the goal.

JYM was by far the loose cannon today, although he got better as the game went on.

The loosest cannon was Baxter, he needs some powder up his barrel.

He's been pretty poor for weeks; but todsy he was especially poor. Played for himself.....not the team.

Continue that amd he'd be in line for being dropped

But we know and he knows it won't happen.

I hope I'm wrong but I don't think he will learn. A few minutes before the goal he dwelt on the ball on the edge of our box and Kitson blocked his clearance but fortunately the ball ran for us. That should have rung a warning bell but obviously didn't. He may well be a young kid but it happens too often with him. Less of the cultured centre back and more of the Sean Garnett is what is required. When in doubt kick it out.

wasn't it tarki who did a great sliding block in first half.

he will do well once he cuts out the silly mistakes. quickly please so we stay up.

They've been a part of his game since he broke into the side. Don't expect it to change overnight.

p.s smiths lack of pace is terrible

Do you know many 6 foot 6 inch strikers with a bit of pace at this level?

barnard should have played IMO

Even with a hamstring twinge?