Nani Sending Off

Quite recently Ibrahimovic and Mexes have scored spectacular overhead kicks, so I'd say no.

It's up to them to use their judgement as to whether they will commit a foul blow having whatever body part flying where it flies. It wouldn't be much consolation to lose an eye to a stud to know that the player didn't see you coming.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I'm going more off football each season. It's not a contact sport any more. It's full of cheating, playacting pathetic wimps.

The game on the continent is about as entertaining as tag rugby.

thats why whenever somebody asks me if im a football fan, i say no - im an oldham fan. top flight, european and international football just doesnt do it for me, unless its england in a world cup finals or european championship. i dont even watch the qualifiers

Guest Scratch2000uk

I'm sure, agreed or not that the nani sending off was insignificant on the whole, when compared to referee decisions in the past. Some football clubs, and their fans even some on here seem to think they shouldn't be refereed by referees but by action replays, line technology and hindsight. What a horrible game we would have without the odd cock-up/mistake, hell we would have nothing to talk about half the time. Tough luck United,see you next year.

Honestly, I'm going more off football each season. It's not a contact sport any more. It's full of cheating, playacting pathetic wimps.

The game on the continent is about as entertaining as tag rugby.

If that was a red card last night then have we seen the end of goals scored by overhead kicks and Mark H##hes-esque scissor kicks?

Nothing wrong with an overhead kick as long as you don't foul someone why doing it.

I hate Manchester United with ever fibre of my being but that was never ever a straight red card. Never in a million years. If that is the sign of things to come i'm going to give up football and take up flower arranging instead.

After watching Michael Olivers performance against us at Goodison I realised just how soft and European the Premier League has become. Made me appreciate gritty League One football!!