Ken bates looking for a new club

Bates didn't screw us over to be fair. He invested what, at the time, was a lot of money and had big ambitions. When success didn't happen he packed up. Left us a bit poor - but no more so than when he came. I

Change to tangerine didn't go down massively well but it had been our change colour for several years and people got used to it. Although there was a big support for return to blue and white when it happened (the shame was we didn't go back to the distinct "thirds" striped shirt.

No way would he be interested now. And no way would I want him back .

Edited by LaticsPete

Bates didn't screw us over to be fair. He invested what, at the time, was a lot of money and had big ambitions. When success didn't happen he packed up. Left us a bit poor - but no more so than when he came. I

Change to tangerine didn't go down massively well but it had been our change colour for several years and people got used to it. Although there was a big support for return to blue and white when it happened (the shame was we didn't go back to the distinct "thirds" striped shirt.

No way would he be interested now. And no way would I want him back .

Didn't know it was our away colour first, thought it'd just been introduced as part of Bates' re-branding

Change strip was a tangerine and white shirt and I remember us playing Bristol rovers in a cup replay in 62 with us wearing that shirt , reddish shorts and tangerine socks. One of our first games under floodlights. In those days it was the home team that had to change if colour clash in fa cup games.

Change strip was a tangerine and white shirt and I remember us playing Bristol rovers in a cup replay in 62 with us wearing that shirt , reddish shorts and tangerine socks. One of our first games under floodlights. In those days it was the home team that had to change if colour clash in fa cup games.

Been an education this! Cheers

Bates then had plans to rebuild the Broadway stand. I can't remember the capacity, but he had ideas to include private boxes, conference facilities and a bowing alley under the stand. He also built private boxes in the main stand. I guess he was ahead of his time by trying to get income into the club, other than match day attendancies.