Kevin Blackwell

I would take this guy. I'm sure many would say he is too outspoken but I think he is doing an admiral job with a tiny budget at Bury. Or am I being brain washed by his talk in the media? He has revealed that a large chunk of the Bury squad or playing for free or on less than minimum wage!

December 4 2007

Oldham Athletic 1 Luton Town 1

FIN

Luton last night were one dirty, horrible set of animals.

I would rather witness Dave Penney and Martin Gray each sign a 5 year deal to return to manage Oldham than watch a single game under the management of Kevin Blackwell.

I think blackwell is a crap manager. Style of football is just another added reason to not want him.

Megson on the other hand has been my first choice from the off.

Style of football.. questionable.

Proven track record though.

(And I fully expect to be in teh minority on wantig him)

Edited by pukka

Have you been drinking?

I'm also curious as to this admiral job he is doing. Record since taking over at Bury in all competitions - W7 L12 D13

Given win percentages were a la mode at the time of PD's sacking, his is 21.88%. I'm pretty sure PD's was better than that.

Have you been drinking?

I'm also curious as to this admiral job he is doing. Record since taking over at Bury in all competitions - W7 L12 D13

Given win percentages were a la mode at the time of PD's sacking, his is 21.88%. I'm pretty sure PD's was better than that.

No just an opinion, one I will probably keep to myself in future as I only tend to get sarcastic responses. No surprises you are near the front of the queue.

He is working on an extremely small budget and I don't think any manager could do much better. I think he has performed admirably by keeping them off the bottom of the table. I was very impressed by bury at our place.

I think blackwell is a crap manager. Style of football is just another added reason to not want him.

Me too on Megson pukka. We need a horrible

Manager IMO who would get us organised and hard to beat.

Funnily enough Megson was my first choice before TP got the team on a run of wins, I felt the squad needed a radical change to get results and a kick up the arse and Megson would be a great choice to do both, but after recent games I'm convinced that if this team takes the game to any opposition in our league and tries to beat them at football, rather than a war of attrition, then we will be fine with the players we have. But it means that getting Megson in would probably have a more negative effect than positive.

The problem now for me is that there's no choice from outside of the club who wouldn't be a big change to the team by trying to enforce their own style (Dowie being the possible exception as he's worked with TP before). I know that TP is only a temporary solution but I can fully understand Corney holding fire on his replacement because there really isn't a better fit at present. As soon as there is we can make the change.

As for Blackwell, I see his value but while there are some managers worth paying compensation for he isn't one of them.

He is working on an extremely small budget and I don't think any manager could do much better. I think he has performed admirably by keeping them off the bottom of the table.

They're second bottom and just three points above a side that can't even afford to wash their players' shirts. They couldn't really be doing much worse.

Funnily enough Megson was my first choice before TP got the team on a run of wins, I felt the squad needed a radical change to get results and a kick up the arse and Megson would be a great choice to do both, but after recent games I'm convinced that if this team takes the game to any opposition in our league and tries to beat them at football, rather than a war of attrition, then we will be fine with the players we have. But it means that getting Megson in would probably have a more negative effect than positive.

The problem now for me is that there's no choice from outside of the club who wouldn't be a big change to the team by trying to enforce their own style (Dowie being the possible exception as he's worked with TP before). I know that TP is only a temporary solution but I can fully understand Corney holding fire on his replacement because there really isn't a better fit at present. As soon as there is we can make the change.

As for Blackwell, I see his value but while there are some managers worth paying compensation for he isn't one of them.

Great post.

I too would have taken a Megson type when Dickov first went but I think I over estimated the teams problems and underestimated Dickov's ineptitude.

I think we could be left wondering what might have been sat mid table come the end of the season

You don't mean that.

Sorry Gaz but I completely disagree. I can see your point. He does do OK and Bury should be already dead and buried (I still think they'll go down) but I'm with Prozac. There's not many managers who I abhorrently detest quite as much as Blackwell. He's a :censored: of the lowest order. That Luton game was what, 6, 7 years ago and it still leaves a horrible taste in my mouth.

I'm all for sacrificing some pretty tip-tapping for some smash and grab ugly 1-0 wins but seriously. I'd rather just go straight down than have that toad-headed :censored: patrolling the technical area.

There. I've laid all my cards out on the table regarding this one.

I would take this guy. I'm sure many would say he is too outspoken but I think he is doing an admiral job with a tiny budget at Bury. Or am I being brain washed by his talk in the media? He has revealed that a large chunk of the Bury squad or playing for free or on less than minimum wage!

He's sailing his ship into choppy waters.

Only joking, that's the sort of misprint I do often Gaz.

Edited by BP1960