Jose bashing thread

He didn't miss it, the 'keeper saved it.

A miss is when the ball clears or hits the bar, goes wide or hits the posts.

Ok - didn't execute the penalty with sufficient accuracy. I still think miss is apt for a penalty like that, had he put it down the middle (as I imagined was intended) rather than off left, it would have gone in.

• 1 month later...

I'm convinced by your case.

What are you trying to get across?

I am not disputing that he is a talent, and I was thrilled when he signed, but I dont think he is a god.People are saying that without his goals we would be down already. A lot of those goals have been penalties, which would have been taken by someone else. If Baxter is not on the pitch, then his shirt would be taken by someone else, as proved by the last 2 matches.

I think he is a bit of a Prima Donna, and if he is wanting to play at a higher level, then he will need to be more consistant.

When playing in the right position he makes us tick. With Mellor supplying him in the hole 2nd half vs. Carlisle we could have scored 5 ... the through balls to Smith and Reid were phenomenal. He is comfortably our best player and if convinced to stay then we have a player who's style combined with LJ's philosophy will see us pushing for the playoffs next term. I'm not stupid to suggest it is at all likely he'll stay and I'm convinced he'll be at The Reebok on 1st July, but who thought we'd keep him last time?!?!

#josebaxterbaby

Three isn't a lot in proportion to Baxters tally though...

Sorry I was being sarcastic, what Baxter has done has kept us in this division, as much as Croft and Grounds and to a certain extent big Jean have done he has been player of the season for me. He carried us for the first 2 months of his time here, when we had no hope he provided the spark to get a result, thank you Jose.