The news many on here have been waiting for

I wonder how many programmes are sold in this day and age.

When I was a kid my dad always bought one just to keep me quiet for a while until the sports hall opened for a kick about in the Clayton Arms. Having just moved house I realised I still have absolutely loads of them. It was interesting taking a look back.

As a way of communicating with fans programmes can't have too many who rely on them these days. Surely they're just a souvenir item to be lost to modernity and cost cutting in the none too distant future. It'd be a shame if it goes that way, but like so much of those happier days at BP, not much remains.

Many clubs at our level offer a digital edition through the 'MatchDay Digital' App, most clubs are on there, we're not but i'd definitely like us to be. Ok it's nice to have the tangible feel of a matchday programme and I have been an avid collector over the years amassing around 1,500. However, the glory days apart 1986-1994 and few selected others, i've been selling the others off bit by bit simply because I no longer have the space and 90% of them I haven't given a second glance to in years.

Come on Gordy let's have the 'digical' option too...

If anyone's interested a few of our away programmes are on that App. Brentford, Forest, Col U, Yeovil and Notts County this season. Shrewsbury offer their programme in digital format too

Edited by oafcprozac

Come on Gordy let's have the 'digical' option too...

If anyone's interested a few of our away programmes are on that App. Brentford, Forest, Col U, Yeovil and Notts County this season. Shrewsbury offer their programme in digital format too

Gordy is no more!

LJ will bring back the English Gordon.

Now that supporters can buy the home programme digitally when their team is playing away maybe more will be sold,

Also, I suppose there is also no reason why a club shouldn't produce a programme for their away games as well as home ones.

I would think apart from the initial cost of the app etc there would be very little outlay for the club here as the printer will surely simply upload their digital edition, the club would sell a lot more editions far and wide I would think. I purchased the Yeovil away programme (as I had written our preview for it) and downloaded the Scunny JPT programme last season and the system is faultless.

Can't see George Hill sponsoring us, the club pissed them off years ago - used to work there about 15 years ago and George Hill jnrs son in law told me the story. The stand bore the name but had withdrawn their support a long time before the name changed on the stand

George Hill are still trading no problems HPP had issues but are a different side of the family

Edited by oafcprozac