• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The forecast suggests Shrewsbury will be getting what we now have in Uppermill and if true I can't see how the game can be played as the lines will be obliterated. If the heavy falls come this evening they could clear it tomorrow morning but I suspect they might just give up. We need the game tomorrow more than they do.

its not all that bad here in denshaw

I played 5 a side in Saddleworth the other night, 50% of the lads there were wearing 2+ shirts, gloves, even hats. Even the self confessed 'hard men' were playing in gloves. We looked a right gaggle of Mary-Anns.*

* When I say 'we' I should point out I had no gloves, wore a short sleeved shirt (tucked in) and BLACK boots. Proper football. :clint:

I hope it's on! Otherwise, it's a random weekend in Shrewsbury in our non-refundable hotel! Of we can get there...

Even if its off I am going to get on the train, which I have paid for, and going to have a beer in some of Shrewsburys hostelries. Believe it is a nice place to visit.

Even if its off I am going to get on the train, which I have paid for, and going to have a beer in some of Shrewsburys hostelries. Believe it is a nice place to visit.

Think they'll be quite a few with this mentality.

I'll be in about 11:30.

There's a party from London getting about the same time.

I'm predicting a midday postponement...

If Shrewsbury want it on - and I think they will as we played midweek and they didn't - I reckon it'll be on.

Temperatures haven't been too low. Snow will protect the pitch. If they can be arsed to shovel the snow clear, it's on.

Which boozer are ppl heading to beforehand?