If it does get postponed, then surely that means the only possible date the game can be played on is Tuesday 23rd April?

29-03-13 (A) Swindon Town

01-04-13 (H) Colchester United

06-04-13 (H) Carlisle United

09-04-13 (A) Preston North End

13-04-13 (A) Bury

16-04-13 (H) Yeovil Town

20-04-13 (H) Crawley Town

23-04-13 (A) Shrewsbury Town ???????

27-04-13 (A) Leyton Orient

Unless it's rearranged for Sunday, Monday or Tuesday coming.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fao-100 miles away.we drew 4-4 in nov 1960.i was there.we lost the replay 0-3 on the following tues afternoon-no floodlights.the cup-tie you might be thinking of is nov 1971.lost0-3.it did snow heavy on the way back.latics also forgot to load the boots onto the team bus/had to beg.steal and borrow at chesterfield.

fao-100 miles away.we drew 4-4 in nov 1960.i was there.we lost the replay 0-3 on the following tues afternoon-no floodlights.the cup-tie you might be thinking of is nov 1971.lost0-3.it did snow heavy on the way back.latics also forgot to load the boots onto the team bus/had to beg.steal and borrow at chesterfield.

I was at the away game in 1960 and gutted I couldn't get time off work for the replay.

My old school mate Kevin Randall played for Chesterfield in the 1971 game, and ran us ragged, an afternoon match and I didn't get back home until midnight, many abandoned their cars in the heavy snow.

Edited by BP1960

The wind chill tonight is extreme I was kayaking in Cardiff last Sunday.... it was tropical compared to tonight.

On a random note anywhere know a decent pub in Wilmslow, Alderley Edge for Sunday?

I'm a fan of the Rectory in Wilmslow although haven't been for a couple of years.

Edited by jsslatic

The forecast suggests Shrewsbury will be getting what we now have in Uppermill and if true I can't see how the game can be played as the lines will be obliterated. If the heavy falls come this evening they could clear it tomorrow morning but I suspect they might just give up. We need the game tomorrow more than they do.

The forecast suggests Shrewsbury will be getting what we now have in Uppermill and if true I can't see how the game can be played as the lines will be obliterated. If the heavy falls come this evening they could clear it tomorrow morning but I suspect they might just give up. We need the game tomorrow more than they do.

The operative word being "if". Heavy snow was forecast for Shrewsbury last night but the forecast was wrong.

I've travelled some 1800 miles this week and the worst I drove through was whilst passing through Blubberhouses on Tuesday night and even that wasn't worth writing home about. Unless the Shrews want to assist us in building our games in hand up thus making things harder than they already are then this game will be on. It does my head in the way we, as a country react to a bit of the white stuff.

does anyone remember Swansea away in 2007 when it snowed? I remember Bury were playing at Shrewsbury and on the train down this group of Bury fans only found out the game was called off as the train pulled into Shrewsbury

I do. The return of the train journey featured quite a big snowball fight as the train stopped at Craven Arms for a few minutes. Great away trip.

I'd say it's quite bad here and we're five minutes away from the ground. Everyone's too soft, we should be carving out lines and playing with an orange ball.

This

A million times this.

And tight fit tops, thermal leggings, snoods, gloves etc should be banned.

Man up and go and kick the ball around for 90mins......!

#oldschool