All this slagging off of Bouzy

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is Shane Supple; the GAA jersey was a big clue.

Correct.

A tough one to test you, this keeper played a few first team games for the Latics; (concentrate lads,stop looking at the blonde stewardess

:))

article-0-02675D9F000005DC-524_468x375.jpg

Edited by BP1960

winston-dubose_small.gif?sfvrsn=2

Winston DuBose, saw him play a blinder on trial once. he won many USA caps and was a top keeper who never really got a chance in this country due to work permit issues. Big keeper too about 6' 5" I seem to remember..

Edited by BP1960

Correct, you must have been to too many matches to catch you out.

Either that or I saw the Droylsden flag in the background and googled 'Droylsden goalkeepers'.

But as in Life of Pi, which story do you prefer?

:wink:

Either that or I saw the Droylsden flag in the background and googled 'Droylsden goalkeepers'.

But as in Life of Pi, which story do you prefer?

:wink:

He was indeed a Droylsden star, I will even more impressed if you saw Winston Dubose's trial game for the Latics.

Bouzy is a terrific keeper , who has got us out of jail a lot , second only to Baxter in player of the year imo .

Just unfortunate that it was a game we expected to win .

Only thing I would say is I would expect every keeper to be wary of surfaces at this time of year , very bobbly after the winter we have had as they dry hard.

Bouzy is a terrific keeper , who has got us out of jail a lot , second only to Grounds in player of the year imo .

Just unfortunate that it was a game we expected to win .

Only thing I would say is I would expect every keeper to be wary of surfaces at this time of year , very bobbly after the winter we have had as they dry hard.

FTFY

Winston Dubose .....unless my mind is playing tricks ( very possible),I think he only played 1 first team game & didn't conced a goal.

I think it was a reserve game or friendly, but he was a most impressive keeper, absolutely superb in the air, today a keeper like him would be worth millions in the International transfer market - which was virtually non existent back then..