Lee Johnson Interview

Thats my only problem with LJ so far he talks well but is there any substance. Dickov talked a great game but we didnt put it into practice....

Johnson has done OK so far i think... with a dire squad (mentally at least)

Fingers crossed we stay up I usually think if a manager takes a team down (regardless of if hes only been in charge for a few games) the team never really recovers and it can sometimes take another change to get some posative momentum going

He talks a great talk and it excites me. But so did Dickov, so before I get carried away I will let his management do the talking.

In LJ we trust.

100% this.

But there are some positive signs. Like using subs effectively. And a decent half time team talk.

Just go to get it for 90 mins.

But to be fair. Even a Fergie, Guardiola, Harry Redknapp, and Mourinho management team would not get 90 mins for the remaining 4 games out of this lot.

Edited by singe

There's substance and depth to Lee Johnson as a manager.

The challenge he has to meet is can he motivate the players with his knowledge, theory and management skills.

I think the answer will be yes. I think he will be successful by Latics standards. But there have been periods of games under him where we've looked as bad as ever.

I have faith in Jonno. Unfortunately, I don't have faith in the sack of :censored:e we have on the pitch.

Once we've stayed up, he can bin off all the deadwood and start to make his own mark on the club as we challenge for promotion next season...

This sums it up. Whatever division we're in.

I have faith in Jonno. Unfortunately, I don't have faith in the sack of :censored:e we have on the pitch.

Once we've stayed up, he can bin off all the deadwood and start to make his own mark on the club as we challenge for promotion next season...

Agree!

I hope he has a massive clearout. I will be pissed if he offers any deals to the likes of simpson and wes etc. Get rid of the lot and send the waste of space loans back to there reserve teams.

Don't normally agree with our yearly turnover of players but this year I wouldn't be bothered if the lot of them left, bar grounds add Jose.

Agree!

I hope he has a massive clearout. I will be pissed if he offers any deals to the likes of simpson and wes etc. Get rid of the lot and send the waste of space loans back to there reserve teams.

Don't normally agree with our yearly turnover of players but this year I wouldn't be bothered if the lot of them left, bar grounds add Jose.

I think it's unwise to pay off any player under contract beyond this summer, although obviously if we get offers from other clubs we should consider them. The 4 players guaranteed to be under contract are Grounds, Wes, Montano and Baxter and I think all four are worth keeping and are good enough players to build around.

I think we will see the benefits of short term contracts (1 year or less) this summer because there is nearly an entire squad that can be let go if Johnson wants that to happen. Yes it could be a summer of large scale turnover but with a manager who has 4 members of his close family involved in management or scouting I think we do OK for player contacts.