In LJ we trust

Firstly I want to say that I was pretty outspoken to how LJ got an interview but when I met him and he talked about the current crop of players, tactics, promoting youth and player recruitment the man had me and I fully understand upon meeting LJ why SC hired him

However this is a results business and then man has all but kept us up, due to working overseas I have missed the last 2 wins, however I like what I have seen and heard....

• Brought a grit to the team
  • Win ugly mentality
  • Surprise selections using our younger players who have something to prove
  • Fired off Chris Iwelumo
  • Rotated players to keep them fresh
  • Brought a togetherness to the players that I dont believe was there before, i think there was a blame culture in the dressing room and no one took on the responsibilty, which in my view has changed.

I really cant wait for LJ to rebuild this squad with his players and his way of playing and get rid of the gutless wonders who have stolen a year or 2s wages.

Well done LJ hopefully you will be backed in the summer by SC and attendance will increase again.

He has made a magnificent start and shows how good management can transfer a team. No whinging about refs, injuries, acts of god, etc., but utilizing his resources as best he can to prosper, particularly the demoralized and neglected youngsters on the fringe. TP mustn't be forgotten. Both he and LJ have averaged 1.5 points per game; anything less and we would have been in the direst jeopardy this morning, after PD's 0.9 points. I can't wait for the close season and its comings and goings.

It was an enormous gamble to go for the cheap option of a hungry young feller with no managerial experience, given the predicament we were in. It appears to have paid off, however.

I'm interested to see how things pan out under LJ next season but let's not get carried away and let's not expect too much. We've won a couple of games 1-0, one of them against the bottom side. Fortunately for us, Bury, Portsmouth and Hartlepool are crap and have been on the brink of relegation for ages. Scunny too are complete :censored:, fortunately for us.

As for next season, people have already started talking about challenging for promotion. Our budget will be crap again and LJ will have to pull a few rabbits out of the hat to build a team that's remotely capable of doing that.

I hope he performs miracles but I don't think it's helpful for expectation to be built up, on the back of very little, only for him to get slated if we're not much better than this season.

Johnson has impressed me to be honest with his willingness to change things mid game. Something our managers haven't done for a long time. (I actually think Dowie was the last one who made such proactive substitutions).

Overall a good start. His biggest signing will be his assistant. I hope he gets soneone with experience with him. He is gunna need it. If he does Ill be very impressed. Dickov should have had a John Gorman or Brian Horton with him. He may have done better. Dickov showed enough to me that he could make a decent manager with the right guidance.

Very early days into Johnson's tenure and he is showing me the same, with much more tactical nouse.

As for next season, people have already started talking about challenging for promotion. Our budget will be crap again and LJ will have to pull a few rabbits out of the hat to build a team that's remotely capable of doing that.

I hope he performs miracles but I don't think it's helpful for expectation to be built up, on the back of very little, only for him to get slated if we're not much better than this season.

This

If he keep us in the league then the gamble has paid off....hes done OK so far... Got some important results and showed hes brave enough to make changes if plan A isnt working ala carlisle

Brought in K Smith who has been excellent in the middle or at RB]

there is promise there for sure... WE must stay in this league and then see if we can start building something next season....Anything above 17 will do me then he needs time

Edited by bluehobbit

As I posted the other day, I've got enormous faith in Jonno, but very little in the players that represent us, barring the obvious few.

The sooner the season finishes and he can bring his own players in, the better it will be.

I find it impossible not to like him. His subs at Bury have been instrumental in keeping us up.

It was an enormous gamble to go for the cheap option of a hungry young feller with no managerial experience, given the predicament we were in. It appears to have paid off, however.

I'm interested to see how things pan out under LJ next season but let's not get carried away and let's not expect too much. We've won a couple of games 1-0, one of them against the bottom side. Fortunately for us, Bury, Portsmouth and Hartlepool are crap and have been on the brink of relegation for ages. Scunny too are complete :censored:, fortunately for us.

Really? Have they? I've missed those posts then - but if people have, then really they need to massively reign in their expectations. On the face of it, so far, it looks like LJ has got a very decent chance of becoming a 'proper' manager - he's showing all the signs isn't he really? But - from a relegation fight to promotion with only 1 pre-season and what will be a massive (thank goodness) overhaul of the playing group - nah, no chance.

As I posted the other day, I've got enormous faith in Jonno, but very little in the players that represent us, barring the obvious few.

The sooner the season finishes and he can bring his own players in, the better it will be.

I find it impossible not to like him. His subs at Bury have been instrumental in keeping us up.

This /\ Roll on pre-season so he can rip it up and start afresh.

Really? Have they? I've missed those posts then - but if people have, then really they need to massively reign in their expectations. On the face of it, so far, it looks like LJ has got a very decent chance of becoming a 'proper' manager - he's showing all the signs isn't he really? But - from a relegation fight to promotion with only 1 pre-season and what will be a massive (thank goodness) overhaul of the playing group - nah, no chance.

Once we've stayed up, he can bin off all the deadwood and start to make his own mark on the club as we challenge for promotion next season...

I really could not care anymore, I'm trusting LJ to build a side that will push for promotion next season, whichever division we're in.

In the shooting warm-up, he's the guy that takes the give-and-go and then puts pressure on the shooters.

Even when not involved he always takes time to encourage the others and despite the constant knocking of him that people on here like to indulge in, I would guess that he'll leave with a lot of thanks from the management team for his positivity, help and professionalism.

Edited by Twisbrogan

You are right that thankfully there has been 4 worse sides in the league that us this season and that's why we will stay up.

Having said that look at sides with small budgets that have done well this season,

Yeovil , Walsall , Trannies etc mostly down to good management.

No reason why LJ can't perform something similar next season & the season after?

LJ said when he met the fans he was happy with the budget and new he could challange with it!! his words!

It is insulting to suggest that he is either a cheap option or a gamble.

11 points from 7 games is not quite but nearly a playoff result, it is far better than PD for a young manager who inherited - well you know what he inherited.

With the possible exception of Dowie we have not had a decent manager since Royle. I hope Johnson is our next 'Royle' and can get us back into the Championship (Premiership football is much more difficult to achieve now). I think he can and he will if we can keep him long enough.

I didn't like the way him and his dad dressed the sam the other night.

Even had the same tie just in different colours.

His twitter name is awful too.

Other than that. I'm down with him.

I quite liked the tie, taking pride in being the Oldham manager scores points in my book. One of the things I will remember Dickov fondly for was the way he represented the club, he always did it with dignity and pride. It may be a stepping stone for both of them, a starting point but the pair of them quickly got an affinity with the club and tried to do the best by the club.

I don't like his twitter name but most clients can be configured to show real names and in the scheme of things it ain't that important.

I like what he has said so far, his interview after the Preston game when he Gordon asked him about Crofty nearly catching their player at the end, "he only had one leg, Crofty was running on two" was very funny. His recent comments about Mellor, visiting him at home, seeing he has a young family to provide for and telling him. the way to do that is on the pitch strikes me as the embodiment of everything he has said about how he wants the game played at this club.

He may only be 31 but I think this is becoming a non-issue, some of the players here at the moment may question who this upstart is but it will be a different matter in the summer. Dickov was able to get players to come here I hope that LJ will do too, it looks like he has a project and a set of criteria to fulfil and a lot of players will buy into that.

LJ said when he met the fans he was happy with the budget and new he could challange with it!! his words!

I know, I heard him - but I guess it depends what you class as "challenge"......come to think of it, I think he said something like 'be competitive' not challenge; but my memory fails - I've slept since then !!