Fans travelling on the 9.20am (Picc) for Orient

Don't listen to this. It's only useful for those who enjoy spending a long time on the tube staring at Boris' latest trains...

The quickest way will be the northern line (city branch) to bank and then central line east. Northern line to TCR has been closed at the weekend for a little while now. Don't known if its open next weekend

Charing Cross branch is quicker because the interchange at Bank involves walking about 15 miles. Fewer stops to TCR as well.

Only a bellend would go to Euston Square.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 of us though, so 20 each, i really should organise these well in advance but i never remember, always say ill get a railcard aswell but never do, be the last year i can get 16-25 one next year aswell so im definately going to get one (i say that)

4 of us though, so 20 each, i really should organise these well in advance but i never remember, always say ill get a railcard aswell but never do, be the last year i can get 16-25 one next year aswell so im definately going to get one (i say that)

If you are 25 years and 364 days old you can still buy a 16-25 railcard for 1 year. See http://www.16-25railcard.co.uk/using-your-card/faqs/32/

So its £38 each way is that correct? I fancy a day out but cant really afford 80 quid train fares, will just drive down im thinking!

When i last looked most of the £38.80 tickets which included your tube had sold out only ones left where up untill about 06.35 or 11.15

We need to stop giving conflicting messages to the Northerners. The Furher principle is due a rare call-out here, it doesn't matter if it takes them a few minutes more. I would go Euston - Tottenham Court Road - Central Line to Leyton.

Contradicting my advice above, if you fancy you can easily get to TCR by a bus going straight out the front of the station, cross the road and about 50 yards to your right. 73, 390 or 10, they come all the time and will take you 5 or 10 minutes. You get to see a bit of London and it's more chilled than the Underground. The bus will tell you when you are outside TCR

You can get a 16-25 railcard as a mature stoodent too…..can't get it online but with signed and stamped proof from your institution you qualify.

I'm teaching my 9 year old how to read tube maps, so she can ensure the gaggle of us on the 0655 get to and from Leyton in case of inebriation….

Cost £37.80 for 2 Adults and a child return bought well in advance in February with my Friends and Family Railcard. If you qualify the Daily Mail usually offer a free for a couple of months in May, before offering you a 50% discount (£14) to purchase the yearly one. I'm sure o4U and usually Lags stick a link up when the time comes for the offer...

Bearing in mind it only cost me £55 for two adults and a child return to Pompey too, mine has more than paid for itself, and it will do so when me, the wife and both kids go down to London for the Challenge cup and i'm sure if I time it right, that'll cost us less than £50 return too….

Can't promise that these codes work, but cheaper railcards might be available with them:

16-25: STUDENT20, NUS11, RENEW10, SAVE10 - the number indicates the % saved.

Friends & Family: FAMILY10 gets you 10% off.

Senior Railcard (over 60): SENIOR10 gets you 10% off.

Using Tesco Clubcard vouchers can effectively half the price too.

Here's the link to apply (not for Tesco offer):

http://www.railcard.co.uk/

I'd also suggest that if you spend money in mainline stations, including bars, getting 20% off is a good idea, so get a free Bite Card:

https://www.bitecard.co.uk/

Make sure you renew your 16-25 railcard on the eve of your 26th birthday. You'll have discount train travel up until the eve of your 27th birthday.

It's up there with Alan's big plate scam.

True but you've then got 4 stops more on the central line...

It's only three more. CL doesn't stop at Chancery Lane at the weekend. To get the central line at Bank, you have four stops and a lengthy interchange. To get to the central line at Bank via TCR, you have four stops and a short interchange so this...

It's the same amount of time anyway you :censored:ing bellends.

...is bollocks.

We need to stop giving conflicting messages to the Northerners.

You're right. It's unhelpful and even mean.

london_underground_circle_map_2013.jpg

confused here. still the £38 day returns going to london and the price says a London travelcard is included in the price. But dont you need a travelcard for different zones of the tube? Im just looking at Picc to Euston as typing in Leyton brings up leytonstone station..

You should be able to get to orient.

confused here. still the £38 day returns going to london and the price says a London travelcard is included in the price. But dont you need a travelcard for different zones of the tube? Im just looking at Picc to Euston as typing in Leyton brings up leytonstone station..

You can choose how many zones you buy a travel card for - you don't need different cards for different zones because, unlike oop north, this advanced world city has an integrated transport system. The bus drivers are still bellends mind you.

Leyton is in zone 3, so if you're buying a travel card, you'll need a zone 1 to 4 card. Alternatively, get an Oyster card when you arrive. It costs a fiver and you can keep it. Stick a tenner on it and you'll be fine. Next time you come to London, you can top it up again. Leytonstone is in zone 4.

Edited by 24hoursfromtulsehill

You can choose how many zones you buy a travel card for - you don't need different cards for different zones because, unlike oop north, this advanced world city has an integrated transport system. The bus drivers are still bellends mind you.

I understand this part- what i'm struggling to grasp is The Trainline are including a Travelcard in the total price of a return trip to Euston yet theres no mention of which Zones this travelcard will cover?

Just dont want to look like a dick trying to get through the ticket machines with an invalid ticket

I understand this part- what i'm struggling to grasp is The Trainline are including a Travelcard in the total price of a return trip to Euston yet theres no mention of which Zones this travelcard will cover?

Just dont want to look like a dick trying to get through the ticket machines with an invalid ticket

My guess is they're trying to sell you an all zones travel card included in the price. I still reckon the pay-as-you-go Oyster card route is best. It's always cheaper than a travel card.

My guess is they're trying to sell you an all zones travel card included in the price. I still reckon the pay-as-you-go Oyster card route is best. It's always cheaper than a travel card.

When I've bought the discounted return ticket that includes Travelcard I'm pretty sure it gave unlimited day travel in all zones. It certainly got me to Brentford anyway.

The special offer £38.25 return tickets came in £40 cheaper than buying advance singles and included so are an exception to your Oyster always cheaper rule. As are travel cards bought with some railcards.