Next Season's Shirt

Too much in the way of Fila logos.

They should be more subtle.

There was a comment made somewhere (don't think it was here) when we beat Liverpool about going back to the 80s/ early 90s. With Oldham knocking out big teams, complete with shirt with massive Fila logos.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks very much like the current Leicester city shirt

I thought it looked like an old Cardiff shirt. First thing a blackburn fan at work said about it was "I like it, but it looks a bit like Pompey to me"

So the shirt for £20 with a season ticket still makes money for the club.

Nice.

Not sure why you'd expect them not to make a profit. It's still half the RRP.

£14.50 sounds like a very high supply price to me though.

Speak to Corney, straight from his mouth. I thought it was artifcially high too but that's what Fila/JD/Guy Walker charges us apparently. Whoever signed the deal also signed away our use of our own intellectual property ie the club crest. Which was :censored:ing genius! As was allowing the distribution of such shoddy kits between 2008-2012….

I do to be honest, the nice was half tongue in cheek.

I can see supply prices going up too what with recent world events. If that means retail prices go up then sobeit.

I like it mainly except for the collar which looks a bit odd actually looking at it again the badge looks like its a throat level - hmmmm

and small improvement over this seasons kit which was awful

dont know weather to get one if its only going to last a year again

Edited by bluehobbit

Speak to Corney, straight from his mouth. I thought it was artifcially high too but that's what Fila/JD/Guy Walker charges us apparently. Whoever signed the deal also signed away our use of our own intellectual property ie the club crest. Which was :censored:ing genius! As was allowing the distribution of such shoddy kits between 2008-2012….

As you know, I'm not inclined to take what Corney says, particularly about money, at face value. But, :censored:, I thought the reason we went with the cheapo brands was because the mark-up was bigger than the off-the-shelf Nike, Adidas, etc. which would no doubt be far, far better quality.

As you know, I'm not inclined to take what Corney says, particularly about money, at face value. But, :censored:, I thought the reason we went with the cheapo brands was because the mark-up was bigger than the off-the-shelf Nike, Adidas, etc. which would no doubt be far, far better quality.

When the guys on here did the 92 in blue, about the time of the first Carbrini home shirts, wasn't it about 11 quid a shirt then?

14 quid a shirt seems a bit high unless maybe they are not ordering as many (which would make sense given the club running out of shirts last season and not ordering any more)

Absolute nonentity of a kit, Iv'e seen better on pub teams on Clayton playing fields.

Why didn't the club consult the fans beforehand as to the design?..looks like a cheap job lot has been purchased from Delboy.

To my mind they couldn't care less as they know gullible fans will buy any kit associated with the club no matter how horrible.

Latics Fanatic on this website has designed some superb kits, we need such an enterprising young man in the Latics boardroom to shake the present executives out of their complacency.

Pride in the shirt,don't make me laugh - how can any player take pride in that?

In response to my post some will now defend the club as they can't abide any criticism of them.

Edited by BP1960

gullible ? this one will be my first shirt for years now

Ok I accept some will like it, but many will buy anything.

What don't the club realise a clubs kit should be traditional - for example like Blackburn Rovers.

Edited by BP1960

gullible ? this one will be my first shirt for years now

I don't think it's intended as a criticism. The club knows that it is down to a real hardcore of fans, considerably whittled down from the numbers seen twenty years ago. And the powers that be rely on this, somewhat complacently, knowing that many fans will buy shirts to support the club regardless of its quality or appearance.

Well I'm going against the grain here, I quite like it, we're are back to the right shade of blue and I like the tangerine detail.

My preference would still be a blue Ajax style shirt with white shorts and socks. We flirted with it before, but I want to see a more simple design than those like the ones from the 50's and 60's.