Phobia's

Personally. I cant stand heights. There's something about leaning over and looking down from high places that make's me queezy and shake like a beaten dog. That said. I've done Rock Climbing, Abseiling and a Trivilium Traverse the past three months. Not to mention climbed up ladders to my mates brothers bedroom window when he stupidly locked us out of his house on Sunday. Be it, it took me about 2 hours each to book up the courage to do all of the above :grin:

Another one is bee's. It goes back to when I was in Primary School and a Bee flew in my ear and stung me as I played football one dinner time. I still remember crying like a little girl as one of the dinner ladies shouted to someone to 'fetch the vinegar' :lol::blink: Think I need to purchase a pet Hornet to come and kick arse, seeing as neither wasps or hornets bother me. Just the big buzzy fat buggers! :angry:

I also had a fear of Clowns for a few years. It was caused by watching Stephen King's I.T as a kid. Pennywise the Clown made me think all clowns were like him and so as a little kid I was absolutely petrified he was going to do to me, what he did to the kid's in the film. :lol: Soon grew out of that, though that clown at Blackpool Pleasure Beach does go through me still to this day.

Soft Lad! :lol::grin:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sheridans_world
I also had a fear of Clowns for a few years. It was caused by watching Stephen King's I.T as a kid. Pennywise the Clown made me think all clowns were like him and so as a little kid I was absolutely petrified he was going to do to me, what he did to the kid's in the film. :lol: Soon grew out of that, though that clown at Blackpool Pleasure Beach does go through me still to this day.

Soft Lad! :lol::grin:

I know loads of people that have a fear of clowns because of that!

I hate wasps, one little sucker stung me three times on the back of my neck when i was walking. I did get my own back in a little way, i snatched it off the back of my neck, threw it on the floor and stamped on it. Didnt half hurt to a 10 year old!

My worst phobia is needles. I cannot go anywhere near-one and it makes me feel quezy when they are on TV. My Worst Nightmare = that pit in Saw 2. *Shudders*. Funny though, all the injections i had in school, i always got given a jaffa cake and a brew! Cant say fairer than!

I've said before on the OCD/things that make you gag thread (still in the 'threads worth keeping' section) that I have a bit of a phobia of hair - any hair not attached to its follicle just makes me feel sick.

I also have a phobia of using the phone - only to make calls to people I don't know - it's getting better though! If I have to call a taxi, or anything else minor like that, I actually sometimes feel sick to my stomach, and will do anything to avoid it! And no, it's not because I'm tight with my phone bill, I just get really tongue-tied and freak out a bit! :blink:

Oh, and work. Which reminds me, I'd better go.......... :wink:

Edited by maddog

my Main one is Biting Cuttlery (whilst eating) - It really, really freaks me out... if someone does it in a resuarant sitting near or next to me I generally have to leave, or ask to move. My mrs once asked to try some of my food in a restuarant once and i passed it over on a spoon and she bit the spoon when i was holding it - I screamed, dropped the spoon on her plate knocking the food everywhere, and ran out of the place.... erm, yep...

Thats about it - other than that I am the hardest, manliest mofo around... :icon_gay:

I'm not scared of heights, but I'm not half terrified of falling to my death from them. So, second to top bit of the Eiffel Tower, with a metal fence, I couldn't go near, but the bit above enclosed behind plastic windows, fine. Who's to say that I won't be the unlikey one who the rail breaks on after 200 years of being OK? Or a freak gust of wind could have picked up my delicate frame and thrown me over?

I managed about 30 yards on the top of this once, thinking it might be a "confront and overcome your fears" thing. I lost it when a fat German with a big rucksack strode past me, who's to say he wouldn't trip and knock me over? I had to pretty much drag myself by my fingertips to the next gap that I could climb down into.

362.jpg i hate the sound that a crunchie bar makes when you bite into it , i makes a sound like your biting a house brick on your teeth and i hate the sound of someone using a nail file on their fingernails ,i also hate snakes too

i hate the sound that a crunchie bar makes when you bite into it , i makes a sound like your biting a house brick on your teeth and i hate the sound of someone using a nail file on their fingernails ,i also hate snakes too

There are 10 types of venomous snakes in Israel Bob. Be careful.

Hope you weren't working on Wednesday!

Snakes on a Plane!

i heard about that only on tv news ,you checking up on whats going on in israel then?

I was concerned for your safety so did a google on venomous snake in Israel. That piece came up. I know you work at Ben Gurion Airport so it seemed a real coincidence!

Sleep well tonight Bob! <_<:D

I'm ok with Roller coasters but would rather sleep with Rt Hon Ann Widdecombe, than go on one of these

What about one of these Wardle. With the customary dodgy cypriot counting down from ten. Then he gets to 4 and before you know it. Your a few hundred feet in the air spinning round shouting all sorts of obscenities :lol::grin:

l_4283b2d40d6dead2e5e07c97f3c5c0c6.jpg

I'm a weird one with heights. Not sure what it is. Rollercoaters i'll do with anyone fear. Bungee, Sling Shot, Abseil, Rock Climbing, Climbing ladders up to bedroom windows and the like i'll take a bit of time getting used to the idea until I get to the "I may as well get it over with" stage, and then i'll go straight into it.

Looking over Hotel Bannisters and down from tall buildings. You'll see me holding on like a little girl for dear life. The thought of looking down just make's me sick. Probably due to the fact you've got absolutely nothing supporting you and like Lees I have the vision of me doing something daft and just jumping over one day.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

And being in the car with Chickers while he is driving

O yes !

nowt wrong with my driving!

granted not a lot good with it!

my phobia, walking along scaffolding (great in my job!) and piers (anything mainly that i can see the ground) and women with hairy backs!!

What about one of these Wardle. With the customary dodgy cypriot counting down from ten. Then he gets to 4 and before you know it. Your a few hundred feet in the air spinning round shouting all sorts of obscenities :lol::grin:

l_4283b2d40d6dead2e5e07c97f3c5c0c6.jpg

Ok with sling shots but could never do a Bungey !!!! its all about how many beers you have before, remember in 199* in Kavos I did a reverse Bungey after walking past all night saying never, never ... but I got brave at the end of the night after god knows how many shots and pints :grin:

Ok with sling shots but could never do a Bungey !!!! its all about how many beers you have before, remember in 199* in Kavos I did a reverse Bungey after walking past all night saying never, never ... but I got brave at the end of the night after god knows how many shots and pints :grin:

Bungee's arent good. Especially when you see that all that is holding you is a peice of velcro fastened around your legs and there's a Sheffield bloke running the entire thing too busy eyeing up the talent on the beach and smoking to even concentrate on his job. "excuse me mate, it doesnt feel very secure. Infact, it feels pretty loose." - "it'll be reet you soft lancy" :unsure: . The scariest bit is going up in that Fireman's hoist type lift which seems to take an absolute age to get to it's destination - especially when Yorkshire boy tries to reassure you that you're not about to fall to a very painful death. Luckily for me, I wasnt pushed off like my mate because he was too scared to stand on the edge :lol: Think I just wanted to get away from the Yorkshireman more than anything. :grin:

Can't have been wise to have got lashed before you did it Richie :lol:

Heights, Spiders, Moths and Lifts. :sign0068:

Oooooooh, that reminded me - moths and daddy long legs - I hate the way they fly at you,and also the way they fly round the light, making their shadow look like they are a metre wide! :shock:

Edited by maddog

Oooooooh, that reminded me - moths and daddy long legs - I hate the way they fly at you,and also the way they fly round the light, making their shadow look like they are a metre wide! :shock:

Turn the light off Mads,problem solved :unsure:

Just got two myself.

Lifts not at all happy with them,never have been.Spent two years at college tramping up 6 floors of stairs every day to avoid using the feckers,completely irrational,when i worked in London in catering used to use them no problem because i had to but as soon as i changed careers it was back to the stairs.I will still use them if there is no alternative but i ain't happy.It's not claustrophobia it's the thought of being suspended in a box by a cable over a long drop,so it's really cable breakage depth phobia i suppose.

Flying,another irrational one as i have flown twice a long time ago and at the time i didn't find it a problem (although i did find the rest of the plane applauding the pilot after a "bouncy" landing taking in a tour of the grass verge in Dubrovnik the first time i flew a bit odd :grin: ).As time has passed it's become a "thing" and i'd much rather travel abroad by train regardless of the extra time it takes.

Edited by inspectormorose

I'm ok with Roller coasters but would rather sleep with Rt Hon Ann Widdecombe, than go on one of these

Not a chance

The Nemesis at Alton Towers doesn't scare me but them rickerty old ones at Blackpool Pleasure Beach do, especially the Grand National at the bit where that Low Beam comes into play, not only do they travel down the track they also move side to side