£10 Prediction League Entry 2013/14

Prediction League 2013/14  

34 members have voted

1. 1. If there was a £10 fee introduced for the season, which would go into a pot to be split, half as a prize fund and half to go to PlayerShare and/or Latics4Life, would you enter?

• Yes
    • No

I'm not so sure the pauper league would be any easier to win, it would just contain people who maybe can't or don't want to pay to enter. They may still know their onions.

I'm going off last years', and also the years before, league table. I'd guess a lot of the people near at the top would be entering the paid one.

All in one league I reckon. Mark the players (the pros) out by calling them "Mr."

The gentlemen (the paupers) just get their normal names, or "Oik" in brackets after. Top "Mr." scoops the pool.

So it's Mr Rosa and Mr (Dr.) Maddog is it?

Not to mention

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8rBDOMLtSU

:wink::grin:

Edited by rudemedic

So it's Mr Rosa and Mr (Dr.) Maddog is it?

Not to mention

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8rBDOMLtSU

:wink::grin:

If I'd been off work for a couple of weeks and home alone most of the time with absolutely nothing to do, I'd probably have become sociopathical enough to write something like this...

Just Rosa and just Maddog will probably do just fine. Government work doesn't get you the little luxuries in life it used to get you.

Besides, as last year's results showed, this is no game for ladies.

As it turns out, I've been home alone for only one week, so if you're playing for the cash, you get whatever title you want. I'll be Brigadier.

(The best internet drop-down list of titles I've ever seen is on the Globe Theatre website. Click through to buy some tickets and have a look. It goes all the way down to Princess and such.)

Edited by 24hoursfromtulsehill

Oi you lot. Stop confusing the issue. Think about the poor sod who has to sort it all out, innit. :coffee1:

Stevie_J and I have exchanged further conversations and all will soon be revealed. We hope.

Watch this space.

STEVIE??? :grin:

By doing this though you are restricting members to:

1. Those with a bank account

2. Those who can afford it

And people cannot join midway through the season as they are a a disadvantage

I am all in favour of raising money for player share so I propose a paying optional league;

Pay into the player share completion if wanted and qualify for the prize but keep the league going as a bit of fun with those who have payed having a mark on the league table

This way all parties are kept happy and the league is accessible by all and is kept going as what I presume it was set up for in the first place - a bit of fun

I am all in favour of raising money for player share so I propose a paying optional league;

Pay into the player share completion if wanted and qualify for the prize but keep the league going as a bit of fun with those who have payed having a mark on the league table

This way all parties are kept happy and the league is accessible by all and is kept going as what I presume it was set up for in the first place - a bit of fun

Have I misread this post? Or have you misread this whole thread?

This will be more admin.... but how about just for fun (no cash prize, only the honour) a cup competition matching the two leagues together? Starting around the same time as the facup 1st round.

The idea of raising money for Playershare through the Prediction League was thought about some time ago, but we hadn't sufficient time to introduce it for last season. It's taken a fair bit of planning to get it all together and we always believed it was only fair that those who are able to contribute should get something in return. We were equally aware that not everyone can, or would wish, to pay to enter. We hoped that running the two Leagues side by side would please the majority.

You'd be surprised how long it can take to produce the tables after every game, having ploughed through and checked every post. That process is going to take even longer this coming season, having introduced another League and a Cup competition, which hadn't existed before. Whilst we do this willingly in our own time, we really can't add any more into it. Time just doesn't allow it.

Please don't think that we don't appreciate the input; we do, and who knows what may be possible in the future.

The idea of raising money for Playershare through the Prediction League was thought about some time ago, but we hadn't sufficient time to introduce it for last season. It's taken a fair bit of planning to get it all together and we always believed it was only fair that those who are able to contribute should get something in return. We were equally aware that not everyone can, or would wish, to pay to enter. We hoped that running the two Leagues side by side would please the majority.

You'd be surprised how long it can take to produce the tables after every game, having ploughed through and checked every post. That process is going to take even longer this coming season, having introduced another League and a Cup competition, which hadn't existed before. Whilst we do this willingly in our own time, we really can't add any more into it. Time just doesn't allow it.

Please don't think that we don't appreciate the input; we do, and who knows what may be possible in the future.

Much appricated for the effort that you and Steve put in running the league - after writing this I noticed the pinned thread on the notice board

But - I apologise if it appears that I am interfering but I am trying to make things easier for you on the admin side;

Continue with just the one league but for those that are contesting the prize simply have (P) after their name and continue the cup as a extra incentive for those who pay.