Cobblers for Coventry?!

http://www.supporters-direct.org/?news-article=sky-blue-trust-statement-football-league-have-failed

The Sky Blue Trust is disappointed, dismayed and angry about the announced move for Coventry City to be uprooted and to play its “home” matches 35 miles away in Northampton for up to 5 years. The dispute between SISU, the ultimate owners of CCFC, and the Ricoh Arena operators, ACL, has gone on for an interminable time but this latest unnecessary move is a dagger blow through the hearts of thousands of Coventry City supporters.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will be interesting to see how many go tot Leamington instead. They've had a cracking few seasons and definitely seem to be a club on the way up.

Conference North next season for the Brakes, have come a long way from the midland combination in 10 years. Haven't got the facilities or the catchment to go much higher though. Nuneaton is a more likely destination for cov fans though as its part of cov

I see the owners of the Ricoh are threatening to sue Northampton. They say that they still have an existing contract with CC to play their home games at the Ricoh. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-23290546

I also remember seeing an article stating that the Ricoh owners were not going to agree to anything but the full amount that CC owe them for last season (around £1m I think). If that is the case the administration will drag on until an agreement can be found. If that goes past the start of the season I believe CC will incur another points deduction.

I understood it that they only deduct the points now when a team exits administration.

I think the rules changed when Ken Bates tried to enter Leeds into administration when they were pretty much relegated from the Championship already.

I understood it that they only deduct the points now when a team exits administration.

I think the rules changed when Ken Bates tried to enter Leeds into administration when they were pretty much relegated from the Championship already.

Really? I thought they got 10 points docked for formally entering administration, then more docked if they fail to exit via the CVA route

Really? I thought they got 10 points docked for formally entering administration, then more docked if they fail to exit via the CVA route

Yeah I think you're right. I think they made Leeds carry it over because it was blatantly obvious that Bates was trying to use it to his advantage. I thought Portsmouth got done again when they came out of it last season though.

I see the owners of the Ricoh are threatening to sue Northampton. They say that they still have an existing contract with CC to play their home games at the Ricoh. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-23290546

I also remember seeing an article stating that the Ricoh owners were not going to agree to anything but the full amount that CC owe them for last season (around £1m I think). If that is the case the administration will drag on until an agreement can be found. If that goes past the start of the season I believe CC will incur another points deduction.

I'm with the Cobblers on this. I can understand Coventry would be in breach of contract, but how on earth ACL could seek costs from the cobblers is beyond me. Surely ACL should be taking Coventry to court end of.

• 2 weeks later...

Secret talks yesterday between Coventry City and the Ricoh Arena, to try to keep the club in the city, have failed. Further talks to discuss the debt deal to be held on 30 July.

Meanwhile the Club is pressing ahead with plans to build a new stadium within six-miles of Coventry city-centre.

http://www.itv.com/news/central/2013-07-26/secret-talks-to-keep-sky-blues-in-coventry-fail/

Secret talks yesterday between Coventry City and the Ricoh Arena, to try to keep the club in the city, have failed. Further talks to discuss the debt deal to be held on 30 July.

Meanwhile the Club is pressing ahead with plans to build a new stadium within six-miles of Coventry city-centre.

http://www.itv.com/news/central/2013-07-26/secret-talks-to-keep-sky-blues-in-coventry-fail/

Hi This is to close for comfort we don't want them here

Published on 25/07/2013 15:15

Rugby Borough Council has this afternoon (Thursday) issued a statement following speculation that Coventry City Football Club could buy Brandon Stadium.

It has been reported that Coventry City FC has secured a provisional deal to buy the Brandon speedway site to build a new stadium.

This afternoon Rugby Borough Council said it was issuing a statement in response to enquiries relating to reports linking the Sky Blues with Brandon Stadium, which is within the borough of Rugby.

The spokesman for RBC said: “Rugby Borough Council is aware of speculation linking Coventry City Football Club with Brandon Stadium.

“The Council can confirm that there have not been any discussions with Coventry City Football Club, or any agent or associated companies, regarding the club’s potential occupation of Brandon Stadium or the planning implications that may result.”

Speedway track around a football ground? That would be a new one, and just as bad a s a running track.[/quote

I remember going to see Latics at Newcastle Town a few pre-seasons ago and they had a cycling track around the football pitch.

Speedway track around a football ground? That would be a new one, and just as bad a s a running track.

White City . Hosted a World Cup match in 1966 , had a running track round it. Was the major athletics venue in the country till Crystal Palace stadium and track was built.

ITV News reporting that a crucial debt meeting today about the future of Coventry City was adjourned yet again, after the club was offered a new deal to stay at the Ricoh Arena. The stadium is understood to have put forward a 'very reduced' rent deal which would run for 10 years. But the Sky Blues did not have an answer. The two sides will meet again on Friday.

ITV News reporting that a crucial debt meeting today about the future of Coventry City was adjourned yet again, after the club was offered a new deal to stay at the Ricoh Arena. The stadium is understood to have put forward a 'very reduced' rent deal which would run for 10 years. But the Sky Blues did not have an answer. The two sides will meet again on Friday.

If it's not sorted on Friday, they will get a points deduction. Sounds like the Ricoh owners need CC to play their, and I'm not surprised,