Latics goalies blinders

John Platt against the Brazilian side in a friendly, must have tipped 20 shots over the crossbar.

Harry Dowd v Crewe away, (or should I say Stan Bowles that night).

Any other great displays stand out ?

John Platt against the Brazilian side in a friendly, must have tipped 20 shots over the crossbar.

Harry Dowd v Crewe away, (or should I say Stan Bowles that night).

Any other great displays stand out ?

Pogs at home to Bradford on the last day to keep us in the league.

Pogs at home against City in the cup.

Most of Gary Kelly's appearances.

david best on 10 sept 1966 v middlesborough away.won 2-0.the more mature amongst us may remember billy Johnston had his ankle broken by that goriila of his time,dickie roots.johnston never recoverd.

Best was so commanding in the air, an exceptional goalkeeper.

Had the makings of a superstar Johnson, breathtaking skills and pace, he never recovered from that terrible injury.

Edited by BP1960

Pogs at home to Bradford on the last day to keep us in the league.

Pogs at home against City in the cup.

Most of Gary Kelly's appearances.

Gary Kelly broke a lot of teams hearts, one of the most agile Latics keepers.

Andy Goram v Bradford in the FA Cup in 86/87

So many 1 v 1 situations and so many where Goram emerged with the ball

Remember our goal being really soft, there goalie had it in the bread basket and let it squirm into the net.. Stuart Mcall made it 1.1 then we got smashed 5.1 in the replay.

Gary Kelly at Maine Road when we won 2-1.

Gary Kelly at Loftus Road when we won 1-0.

Pogs at Loftus Road when we lost in the play-offs - Pulled off the best save I've ever seen live...shortly before they scored.

Gary Kelly at Maine Road when we won 2-1.

Gary Kelly at Loftus Road when we won 1-0.

Pogs at Loftus Road when we lost in the play-offs - Pulled off the best save I've ever seen live...shortly before they scored.

Yeah..didn't maybe Furlong (or Richard Pacquette) slam one from about eight yards - somehow he managed to push it over? Unbelievable save. AGAINST Latics, I remember Mark Tyler having an absolute blinder against us in a cup replay for Peterborough, maybe year 2000-ish?

Yeah..didn't maybe Furlong (or Richard Pacquette) slam one from about eight yards - somehow he managed to push it over? Unbelievable save. AGAINST Latics, I remember Mark Tyler having an absolute blinder against us in a cup replay for Peterborough, maybe year 2000-ish?

Think it might have been Furlong - if I remember rightly, a cross came over to the far post from the right, Furlong was unmarked and blasted it towards the bottom left hand corner from close range, but Pogs threw himself the full length of the goal to stop it. Unbelievable save.

Edited by JoeP