Who's up and who's down and where are Latics?

Peterborough, Brisol City & Latics to be promoted

Colchester, Stevenage, Shrewsbury & Gillingham to be relegated

We'll start the season well being around the top 6 until end of november, tail of until february and make that late surge into the play-offs and beat Wolves in final!

I think Wolves will suffer like most of the bigger clubs who come donw to this division and then struggle for a year or two.

Promotion - Sheffield Utd, Brentford and Preston

Relegation - Gillingham, Colchester, Crawley and Stevanage

We'll be 14-18th (unless we sign an experienced goalie, good cb and rb, a lb to cover Grounds and a quality ballplayer in cm...so, like i said, 14-18th)

Like bigfatjoe1 says too, i think Wolves will struggle and wont be the force some are expecting.

The clubs in turmoil.

They've lost key players, and more will follow as we make our way to deadline day.

Yep - they've made a shrewd signing in getting in Kenny Jackett, but he can't make a chicken salad out of chicken :censored:.

I predict another Forest, Leeds, Sheff Utd for them, rather than a Norwich / Leicester...

Up

Bristol City - despite losing players they've bought well. O'Driscoll will get them functioning very well too.

Wolves - decent manager in Jackett, still got a strong squad despite losing some players. Think they'll scrape promotion.

Preston - very hard to bet against Grayson to win promotion from this league given his track record.

Down

Colchester - barely survived last time, not a strong squad, young and unconvincing manager. Obvious pick.

Coventry - things really look grim for them, could easily be this season's Portsmouth.

Walsall - last season was the first time in a while that they've had some great attacking players, they've now lost all of them. If their new forwards don't gel quickly they'll struggle.

Shrewsbury - decent footballing side but don't think their squad will be strong enough.

Teams like Stevenage, Gillingham, Tranmere and Port Vale all have managers who suit their squads really well and know how to get results so I can't see them going down. Would love for Stevenage, Gillingham, Rotherham and MK to go down simply because of their managers but I know that's unlikely.

As for us, with our current defence, top 6 is beyond us. The centre back situation isn't ideal but I'm less convinced by our full-backs. To be honest there's a lot of signs that point towards us having a similar season to Colchester and it's not out of the question that Johnson could be a total failure. However if Rooney signs I'd say we have the best squad of strikers for many a year and even if he doesn't we'll still be well balanced. 14th is my prediction but upper mid table or relegation wouldn't surprise me as there are simply too many unknowns with us.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

I'm bemused over comments regarding defence. If LJ was that worried then would he not have focused on this area?

If he's comfortable with it at present then lets see how the first few weeks progress.

There's suggestion he's lose to getting a CB in on loan but if we're shipping goals then can you see SC ignoring this budget or no budget?

I'm bemused over comments regarding defence. If LJ was that worried then would he not have focused on this area?

If he's comfortable with it at present then lets see how the first few weeks progress.

There's suggestion he's lose to getting a CB in on loan but if we're shipping goals then can you see SC ignoring this budget or no budget?

Agreed, LJ is trying something but if it doesn't work, I would imagine he will try and change it.