Confused.

Apologies if this has been covered before but I find the latest 'Chron report a bit conflicting.

A quote from Lee Johnson..

"“I think we are ready for the new season. Ideally we would have brought in one more player, but we haven't. I trust the group of players and I'm looking forward to it. I believe we can shake up the division a little bit and I believe we can score goals."

Then, the article signs off with..

Johnson is hoping to bring in at least one more loan signing before the season starts. - not a Johnson quote, or is it?!?

It would have been good to have clarification as to whether or not this loan signing is a CB.
Again, I might be reading it wrongly.

it read to me as he would have liked another in alreadybut there was going to be another in before Saturday. One thing I have been impressed with so far from LJ is that has had all his signings in for the pre season friendlies whereas with PD i felt we always had at least one or two coming in in the last week. This could all go belly up if the Rooney deal falls thru though.

it read to me as he would have liked another in alreadybut there was going to be another in before Saturday. One thing I have been impressed with so far from LJ is that has had all his signings in for the pre season friendlies whereas with PD i felt we always had at least one or two coming in in the last week. This could all go belly up if the Rooney deal falls thru though.

Dour Dave had his squad in place early doors, look how that turned out.

If the Rooney deal falls through a CB can b signed and the team will have a better balance.

Latvian given a 1 year contract (presumably thoroughly researched) who doesn't figure is a waste of a wage.

LJ's first mistake perhaps?

Given LJ's moving and shaking so far, I trust there's a very good reason (unknown to us, obviously) why Eddie hasn't featured much.

Latvian given a 1 year contract (presumably thoroughly researched) who doesn't figure is a waste of a wage.

LJ's first mistake perhaps?

More likely to be second. First impressions of Sidney ...... Lets just say room for improvement, hopefully once settled true form will prevail.

Indeed the Latvian season runs from March to November, Eddie may not need the amount match practice as others do.

So why not play him?

Has he got international clearance for 1st team matches, or is he just a big lump that we are stuck with?

So why not play him?

Has he got international clearance for 1st team matches, or is he just a big lump that we are stuck with?

My theory was that he should have a break, rather than effectively being expected to play a season and a quarter.

After seeing Dickov stuff players by over-playing them I'm not losing sleep over the lack of game time Eddie's getting.

There may, of course, be a completely different reason.