What's Ian Hill's role at the club apart from being a freeloading 'director'? He's never at the club apart from matchdays. His input into the club is zero. He goes to all the away games as well including all the overnight stays. Wouldn't mind that so much if he actually spent some at the club on a daily basis, but he doesn't. At least Barry Owen pops into the club occasionally. Discuss.

What's Ian Hill's role at the club apart from being a freeloading 'director'? He's never at the club apart from matchdays. His input into the club is zero. He goes to all the away games as well including all the overnight stays. Wouldn't mind that so much if he actually spent some at the club on a daily basis, but he doesn't. At least Barry Owen pops into the club occasionally. Discuss.

You seem to know his movements already so surly you already know...

A small club like latics needs the directors to be working directors who have a valuable impact. We're not Man United. We can't afford freeloaders who only turn-up on matchdays for a cheese butty and a chocolate muffin in the boardrooom.

Or perhaps we can't afford to pay a 'working Director' a full time salary. As you say, we're not Man United.

A small club like latics needs the directors to be working directors who have a valuable impact. We're not Man United. We can't afford freeloaders who only turn-up on matchdays for a cheese butty and a chocolate muffin in the boardrooom.

Isn't Ian Hill overseeing the new stand. Didn't he also oversee the buy back BP from the council that has allowed us to build and develop?

If he did the above he's worth his place and prob not taking money out of the club as i think he has a property company as well. I may be wrong though.

Isn't Ian Hill overseeing the new stand. Didn't he also oversee the buy back BP from the council that has allowed us to build and develop?

If he did the above he's worth his place and prob not taking money out of the club as i think he has a property company as well. I may be wrong though.

Shhhhhhhhhhh. Don't let the truth spoil a right good moan.

So if say we have 26 home games this season including FA Cup, Simod Cup and Littlewoods cup plus hopefully a play off game that's 26 cheese butties and correct me if wrong 26 chocolate muffins (didn't know they had them in the board room, posh bastards)

Do you not think we can afford that as a club? What if we sell Tarky to United?

Unless its double Belgium chocolate and pule cheese we should be fine but someone should put an end to this boardroom buffet madness!

Ian Hill and Barry Owen bring very little to the club. Barry pops into the club occasionally but doesn't do much. We need a vibrant board of directors not a bunch of prawn sandwich munchers.They both should stand down and be replaced by people who can bring more to the table. The clubs going nowhere fast with directors like these two.

Ian Hill and Barry Owen bring very little to the club. Barry pops into the club occasionally but doesn't do much. We need a vibrant board of directors not a bunch of prawn sandwich munchers.They both should stand down and be replaced by people who can bring more to the table. The clubs going nowhere fast with directors like these two.

I never got that saying, I can pick a prawn butty up in the coop for a quid 20

Simon? Is that you?

Barry Owen's place on the board is the result of the trust paying for it. All board members of a club like Latics should buy shares.

I know that a lot of people inside the club including the players, don't like Barry and Ian. That's because they bring no value whatsoever to the club. Ex-Manager Paul Dickov and all his coaching staff hate Barry with a passion.

Oh hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Gerry.

I know that a lot of people inside the club including the players, don't like Barry and Ian. That's because they bring no value whatsoever to the club. Ex-Manager Paul Dickov and all his coaching staff hate Barry with a passion.

8 posts in and already found out as a joke.....must be a record!