Latics 1-1 Orient post-match reaction thread

Should have won. When they scored against the run of play, and it being offside seemed to knock the confidence out of us. You could see them thinking here we go again.

Winchester seems to have made a lot of progress under LJ like Tarky. He looks a footballer now, not a kid any more.

If we finally manage to add goals to the possession, and a more cutting edge (too many through balls are being picked off at the moment) then we will start to batter teams, and that will add confidence which will enable us to expect to win every game.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If we judge teams on reputation then why should we even bother trying to improve ourselves?

They got a goal that wasn't a goal. It was offside and everyone knew it.

Problem is, these things will happen - as well we know by now.

We need to take more of the chances we create so we're not left to pay for the odd fluke, mistake, penalty decision or goal which should be disallowed.

It's a concern that we are pretty much guaranteed to concede every game but aren't exactly full of goals either.

If we judge teams on reputation then why should we even bother trying to improve ourselves?

They got a goal that wasn't a goal. It was offside and everyone knew it.

We won't improve until people stop accepting averageness!!! (If that's even a word, but you know what I'm getting at!) The whole mentality around the club & the fans is the reason we won't get anywhere ever!c

Until we stop accepting 1-1 draws at home to Leyton Orient we won't improve. Yes they are top if the league, but it would only be a good result if they were better than us and / or outplayed us but they didn't. Just because they were top nobody thinks we should win these types of games & it's really really starting to get on my tits!!

I was certainly disappointed with a point today. Based on their performance this afternoon, Leyton Orient are more likely to be this season's Tranmere than this season's Yeovil (comparing to last season).

Rooney is being unfairly criticised - we stopped playing football after he came on and used him as a target man. That being said, Charlie McDonald and Danny Philliskirk look to be a good pairing.

Dayton I thought was excellent, especially in the first half. Agree with all the praise for Wes - superb and should have had the MoM.

We won't improve until people stop accepting averageness!!! (If that's even a word, but you know what I'm getting at!) The whole mentality around the club & the fans is the reason we won't get anywhere ever!c

Until we stop accepting 1-1 draws at home to Leyton Orient we won't improve.

I'm in, but how do want us to "stop accepting averageness?". What exactly do you want us to do? Or not do?

I want to reject today's 1-1 draw, and all it's works, but I'm unsure how to.

They were completely unnecessary. The front two we're playing really well. We're 1 up an he takes philliskirk off?? Very strange. On the plus side wes an smith proved again how good they can be as a pair when there both at it. Thought they bossed midfield. Mills was a great choice being pushed further up, kudos to Johnson. However I said I think Johnson costs us two points today.

Why are you pleased with a home point against Leyton Orient for Christs sake?! How far have we fallen, how bad have things got that people think a point against Leyton Orient is a good result?!

They were :censored:, we dominated another game & couldn't win it!!

Another 2 points pissed up the wall.

Why I am pleased? Are you for real? They're unbeaten in 10, winning 8 and drawing 2, against top teams along the way, we got in their faces and did well and could of even won, but we managed to get a point and against this opposition that was a good result.

Why are you pleased with a home point against Leyton Orient for Christs sake?! How far have we fallen, how bad have things got that people think a point against Leyton Orient is a good result?!

Until we stop accepting 1-1 draws at home to Leyton Orient we won't improve. Yes they are top if the league, but it would only be a good result if they were better than us and / or outplayed us but they didn't. Just because they were top nobody thinks we should win these types of games & it's really really starting to get on my tits!!

Have you had a bang on the head Rumpole???

Unless you're on a wind up you need to stick to shamelessly defending thieving :censored:bags and selling match day programmes.

They were completely unnecessary. The front two we're playing really well. We're 1 up an he takes philliskirk off?? Very strange. On the plus side wes an smith proved again how good they can be as a pair when there both at it. Thought they bossed midfield. Mills was a great choice being pushed further up, kudos to Johnson. However I said I think Johnson costs us two points today.

There was only one substitution that changed the result today and it was the introduction of Batt.

Why I am pleased? Are you for real? They're unbeaten in 10, winning 8 and drawing 2, against top teams along the way, we got in their faces and did well and could of even won, but we managed to get a point and against this opposition that was a good result.

Could have won?? Try SHOULD have won. Whether they had won 8 out of 9 before today or not is irrelevant to today's game.

You play what's in front of you, not their previous record. They were :censored:, we should have been 3 up at half time, I'm really disappointed & don't understand this 'they were top of the league, we should be happy to have taken a point from them' attitude!!

I agree with you, in a way. Not because the opposition are a 'small club' but because we think a point in a game we dominated is a good one just because it was against a side in a better position than us, we should be punishing teams especially at home regardless of their league standing, Orient obviously deserve to be where they are in their current form though.

Could have won?? Try SHOULD have won. Whether they had won 8 out of 9 before today or not is irrelevant to today's game.

You play what's in front of you, not their previous record. They were :censored:, we should have been 3 up at half time, I'm really disappointed & don't understand this 'they were top of the league, we should be happy to have taken a point from them' attitude!!

Yes we should/could of won whatever, I understand but I'm saying that in the end a point is a good result, a win would of been better but a point was still a good result. Not many other teams have been able to play like that against Orient and we have, good signs.

Yes we should/could of won whatever, I understand but I'm saying that in the end a point is a good result, a win would of been better but a point was still a good result. Not many other teams have been able to play like that against Orient and we have, good signs.

No - a point isn't a good result when the game goes like today's. It was a game we should have won.

We played well, I'll give them that, but we failed to kill off a team that on the day we should have beaten. This is the point I'm trying to make. Too many people have this mentality that they are happy with a point because of the fact that they were top of the league! So what? On the day they were :censored: & we should have beaten them!

So you weren't remotely pleased with the way we played against the runaway, unbeaten league leaders? Especially considering the fact that we've been in free fall of late and they're flying?

You normally talk a lot of sense but God struth...

I never said I wasn't happy with how we played, I think we played well for the most part. What I'm not happy with is this nonsense that because they were top of the league we should be delighted that we took a point from them, without looking at how the game itself panned out.

I'm disappointed that given the way the game went & the fact that we had the better, clearer cut chances that we didn't win.

Is that unreasonable? Or should I just be grateful that the mighty O's allowed us to take a point from them?

Have you had a bang on the head Rumpole???

Unless you're on a wind up you need to stick to shamelessly defending thieving :censored:bags and selling match day programmes.

PS - what's my job got to do with anything?!

Edited by mcgoo_84

Bollocks, when you dominate a game in that manner nothing other than a win is a good result. We need to punish teams at home regardless of how highly placed they are, and Orient were average at best today. I've not seen their other games but on that showing they will not go up.

Edited by OAFC_Ryan