He looked fit, sharp & was firing the pre-season where he was playing behind the trailist striker Rui Miguel.

We walked away from Miguel for the now famous net vs gross wage issue, and Simpson's form seemed to go with it.

I don't subscribe to the 'not arsed' arguement. He always tried IMO, he just wasnt fit; and was in & out of the side too much to fully find form & fitness.

Him being released was the right decision, i wouldn't have spent the high wage on him at all. But - i wish him all the best in trying to stay in the game and find a club.

Mind, this; on the face of it, shows Blackburn are in the :censored: if he is their viable option for striker replacements in the Championship...

I don't know if it's a case of he literally wasn't arsed. But more of a case of falling into the trap of allot of lower league journeymen of not putting a shift in enough over a sustained period of time his form nov11 to feb12 was outstanding then he let his standards drop. If he'd kept that form up over the course of the whole season and over the course of last season he would now be a championship player on merit, rather than being sat on the dole for the last 4 months.

I'd be amazed if he earns a contract at Blackburn but if he does he will get comfy and will be out in loan pretty quickly.

Guest Scratch2000uk

Started out quite well and ended up looking frustrated as hell, Think the Dickov management style may have had something to do with it, I wish him the best of luck , I'm sure he isn't as :censored:e as when he played for us.

Edited by Scratch2000uk

I don't know if it's a case of he literally wasn't arsed. But more of a case of falling into the trap of allot of lower league journeymen of not putting a shift in enough over a sustained period of time his form nov11 to feb12 was outstanding then he let his standards drop. If he'd kept that form up over the course of the whole season and over the course of last season he would now be a championship player on merit, rather than being sat on the dole for the last 4 months.

I'd be amazed if he earns a contract at Blackburn but if he does he will get comfy and will be out in loan pretty quickly.

He came good in his second spell, one of the big mistakes in recent years letting him go, in my opinion anyway.

I'd also be amazed if he got a contract there, too good for him I think.

Started out quite well and ended up looking frustrated as hell, Think the Dickov management style may have had something to do with it, I wish him the best of luck , I'm sure he isn't as :censored:e as when he played for us.

I also blame Paul Dickov for all my failings in my career.

Seriously when does their come a point where it becomes the individual's responsibility it's not like the rest of his career can be described as glittering. He just hops from one club to the next like so many others at this level never consistently doing it.

It's not Paul Dickovs fault he's currently without a club it's his own

He came good in his second spell, one of the big mistakes in recent years letting him go, in my opinion anyway.

I'd also be amazed if he got a contract there, too good for him I think.

He had one spell did he not or are we talking about last season?

If we are talking about last season I thought he played well in fits and starts bit not consistently over time

i'm not sure it's a case of whether he had the talent or the effort, it's just that he was best in the same position as the best player to play for Latics in a good few years - Baxter.

We obviously weren't going to drop Baxter for Simpson, so he had to make do on the wing. He was probably unlucky being the second best in his position, but made it look like he wasn't putting any effort in when he was playing on the wing. It'll be the same if he goes to Blackburn though, with Taylor, Rhodes and Judge who would all be ahead of him.

Guest Scratch2000uk

I also blame Paul Dickov for all my failings in my career.

Seriously when does their come a point where it becomes the individual's responsibility it's not like the rest of his career can be described as glittering. He just hops from one club to the next like so many others at this level never consistently doing it.

It's not Paul Dickovs fault he's currently without a club it's his own

I didn't say it was his fault, I didn't suggest it had anything to do with Dickov for him not having a place of employment, did i?

i guess that's down to his agent or indeed himself .I merely suggested Dickov may have had something to do with his bad form, be it tactics, fitness,morale,or whatever.