Tomorrow night's match

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tomorrow night's match between Notts County and the mighty Latics, is the commentary match, on BBC Manchester (95.1FM). Programme starting at 7pm. Commentators : Ian Cheeseman and Huddersfield Town 1st Team Coach : Steve Eyre.

Cheers for that, may I ask is it possible to listen online to that, as certain radio stations do not seem to be allowed?

Cheers for that, may I ask is it possible to listen online to that, as certain radio stations do not seem to be allowed?

I'm not really the person to ask for all that stuff. I'm pretty useless when it comes to technology. But I do think that BBC Radio Manchester does do on-line stuff of City games. You'd be better-off ringing them up, if you can though.

I'll be listening to Cheeseman and Eyre. I think the standard of commentary on Latics Player is poor. That's why I don't subscribe to it anymore. At least with the coverage on BBC Radio Manc, theres an half-decent commentator - Cheeseman and one of the best coaches in England giving expert analysis - Steve Eyre.

Make the most of tonight because this station normally becomes Radio Bolton on Saturdays. Last Saturday Jimmy Wagg had given the results for the local clubs and then the national football results came on at 5:05pm. When it came to Latics, the reader said "Oldham 1 Swindon 0... there's been some updates on that one but I haven't been paying attention...Port Vale 2....oh it was 2-1, was it...Port Vale 2 Gillingham 1...".

You won't get online. Contractual problems and all that so you'll have to make do with a commentary on Latics world with Roy talking over the commentary so that you haven't a bloody clue what's going on. Regarding Saturday's Radio Manchester - surely one of the most amateurish radio shows. The previous poster called it Radio Bolton and he's absolutely right. Steve Taylor, Alan Gowling? All this complete with members of the public phoning in with their 'I think we should sack Freedman' or 'Give him more time' AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!

Make the most of tonight because this station normally becomes Radio Bolton on Saturdays. Last Saturday Jimmy Wagg had given the results for the local clubs and then the national football results came on at 5:05pm. When it came to Latics, the reader said "Oldham 1 Swindon 0... there's been some updates on that one but I haven't been paying attention...Port Vale 2....oh it was 2-1, was it...Port Vale 2 Gillingham 1...".

BBC Radio Manchester only truely care about one club and that's Man City. Their bias towards them is an absolute disgrace.

Because we are tiny little club in division 3!!

We care but not enough of the wider listening public give a monkeys!

And so Latics get the relative amount of time on GMR compared to the wider listening public who are far more concerned with first City and then some way after Bolton. If anything those two get more coverage than would be expected given the proportion United get is much lower than one would expect given their fanbase in the region.

Edited by jsslatic

Radio Manchester give better coverage to City than United because they pay for it.

Even when United matches were full-match commentary on BBC Radio Manchester a few years back, they were always biased towards City. Whoever was away from home between City and United was the commentary game, with reports from the other game. It was the same format on Piccadilly 1152. They were biased towards City aswell. Both stations seemed to have far more coverage of City than any other club, even all them years ago. And the phone-ins on both stations were always City-dominated aswell. They were biased towards City because theres more City fans in Manchester than United fans. It's got to be the reason.