Any talk of sacking LJ is completely absurd; (as long as he avoids the drop) the quality of football alone gets him another crack next season.

As completely stupid as it is, it still doesn't stop a worrying group clamouring for exactly that.

Look on here and on twitter - there are fans wanting him sacked now.

And i'm sure if straw polled at the ground, and in the local pubs, you'd find further examples who want the same.

29th October 2013.

Knowing some of our fans, that's a bit longer than i actually expected TBF...

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont get how people can winge 1 week about us changing the team at wolves and saying we should stick with a winning team and then the next week moan when he sticks with the team that started the last match we won saying we should have changed it.

We didn't look like winning in Sat until JCH came on though.

You don't seem to comment much when there's a win...

Stop being obtuse Matt. When we win people are out enjoying themselves having a drink or whatever. When we lose people (definitely me) are straight off home in a bad mood, fuming and kicking the cat!!! Edited by danoafc

Was thinking that myself, although it's irrelevant and I wasn't there I'd much rather score a few and lose than lose by a single goal in the last ten minutes after 80 minutes of :censored:e like under Dickov

Tbh Id rather have a manager that wins.

Tbh Id rather have a manager that wins.

Wouldn't we all, it's a results driven business.

but, just saying up under Johnson- where I enjoy going to games and on the whole the performances are decent. .

Or

finishing higher under Dickov- but wanting to top myself every time we play?

I'll go for Johnson.

but, just saying up under Johnson- where I enjoy going to games and on the whole the performances are decent. .

Or

I'll go for Johnson.

You must have had the kiss of life in the Penney season then, far worse than anything we saw under Dicky.

Or

I'll go for Johnson.

Did you really want to top yourself when we won away at Forest? Or beat Liverpool? Or came from 2-0 down to win at Sheffield in the last minute? Or the entertaining 3-3 draw at PNE? Or when we battered Hartlepool on a Tuesday night at BP? I could go on...

I don't know where this idea we play amazing football has come from, is it just the LJ feel good factor?

I've been to every home game this season and other than Orient and a spell in the second half against Port Vale, it's been pretty uninspiring.

The majority of what I've seen this season has been similar to what I saw under Dickov.

I don't know where this idea we play amazing football has come from, is it just the LJ feel good factor?

I've been to every home game this season and other than Orient and a spell in the second half against Port Vale, it's been pretty uninspiring.

The majority of what I've seen this season has been similar to what I saw under Dickov.

Stevenage , Preston ?

Did you really want to top yourself when we won away at Forest? Or beat Liverpool? Or came from 2-0 down to win at Sheffield in the last minute? Or the entertaining 3-3 draw at PNE? Or when we battered Hartlepool on a Tuesday night at BP? I could go on...

You could go on. . . Really? Dear me, how long is he gonna live off two cracking FA cup results? What does say it about him that his players only turned up for big games. What about the other 40 odd games? For the vast majority of time for the vast majority of games the football was appalling IMO. I've never not enjoyed going as much I did under him.

Despite patchy results under LJ. At least I enjoy going again.

Or

I'll go for Johnson.

:censored: that. I want results.

Dickov didn't get them. Johnson needs to start getting them.

If Johnson has us finishing lower than Dickov, we'll be relegated, which is much better grounds for topping oneself.

Stevenage , Preston ?

Conceding 3 goals at a team that is struggling.

And was Preston that good? Or where they just poor? We played it around ok but barely troubled their keeper other than Schmeltz shot.

I don't mean to sound negative, I just haven't seen this great football others have.

I'd rather we just tested the keeper more, to be honest.

You could go on. . . Really? Dear me, how long is he gonna live off two cracking FA cup results? What does say it about him that his players only turned up for big games. What about the other 40 odd games? For the vast majority of time for the vast majority of games the football was appalling IMO. I've never not enjoyed going as much I did under him.

We played some of the best football I've seen under Dickov when he had Stephens and Furman in midfield.

All went to pot when somebody loaned our chances of promotion to Southampton.

Apology to fans ......it's like Groundhog Day . This happened numerous times last season.

Why do we seem to get the type of players where this is necessary , it should not happen.

Work as hard as possible in training and on match day should not ever be an issue.

And now we turn to loanees , yet again.

The original poster mentioned at least 3 other games that werent in the FA Cup. Johnson has won 4 of 14 games in the league, and lost 8. Good football or not, thats a pretty :censored: record. Results need to improve, especially away from home.

Think I'm just more prepared than some to look for the positives after a guy has had 14 games to prove himself. Doesn't mean I don't want results! Or see we need a lot of work. We do.

But the alternative is to just concentrate on how :censored: we are all the time, I'd rather than have a bit of blind hope.

Think I'm just more prepared than some to look for the positives after a guy has had 14 games to prove himself. Doesn't mean I don't want results! Or see we need a lot of work. We do.

So do I, I just don't know why you contemplated suicide after some very good victories under the previous manager...

Recalling the Stevenage game and also the Preston game on Sky, we have two opposition teams arguably at either side of the challenging spectrum.

We created opportunity after opportunity, played attacking and creative football with <60% of possession. We won one and lost one but both games showed how effective and dominating we are at this level but didn't convert.

It's a matter of tweaking and making sure the players maintain focus, determination and fitness for each and every match without switching off at the back.

LJs approach had obviously delivered these tactics without the need for an experienced head at his side.

I think we need another creative midfielder to change things in a game, which we supposedly had but he went back to City and we never replaced him.

Injury and suspension means we need extra at the back.

Nothing's broken and we just need to convert the chances. Once we do then well race up that table.

Trying not to simplify matters but coaching those strikers is the key - keep a partnership, give them game time to build that partnership so both strikers know positioning of the other, their strengths and weaknesses and play to them. Chopping and changing doesn't work but then again results are needed and fans quickly get disgruntled but patience is needed to enable this to happen

The original poster mentioned at least 3 other games that werent in the FA Cup. Johnson has won 4 of 14 games in the league, and lost 8. Good football or not, thats a pretty :censored: record. Results need to improve, especially away from home.

I know he did. Do you want Dickov back? He got sacked because he had well over a hundred games to prove himself- an ended up with one of; if not the worse win ratio's. LJ has had 14 games. Is where we want to be? No. Does it need to improve? Yes. Does he need a tad longer than 14 games???

I know he did. Do you want Dickov back? He got sacked because he had well over a hundred games to prove himself- an ended up with one of; if not the worse win ratio's. LJ has had 14 games. Is where we want to be? No. Does it need to improve? Yes. Does he need a tad longer than 14 games???

No, Dickov did provide us with some very good victories and performances, alongside a load of crap. And not just the FA Cup (which were some of my best moments as a Tic) Similar pattern is starting to develop under our new messiah. Fortunately I believe Johnson can do better than Dickov as he takes gambles and doesnt bottle big decisions, like our former manager did. But we've also seen those gambles and tactical changes backfire (Wolves will go down as one of the most frustrating and isappointing games I have ever seen, mainly because we didnt go for it). In this league, we dont need to chop and change the team every week, resting players it would seem. We need consitency and a team capable of providing the Stevenage and Preston performances 95% of the time. Not 25% of the time like we currently have.