Loans coming in

Wonder how much involvement Scholes has had in the larnell cole one then.

Is it just a case of scholes was watching latics anyway and someone at utd has asked for larnell to tag along as we're interested, or something more?

Scholes is now a scout at united and a youth development coach... doing his coaching badges at the moment apparently!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do we need another CM? We've got Rodgers & Mellor as back-up. Apparently Rodger's looked good when he came on v County, and Mellor played well when LJ gave him his chance last season. Much rather use other players in the squad rather than bring in loanees.

Do we need another CM? We've got Rodgers & Mellor as back-up. Apparently Rodger's looked good when he came on v County, and Mellor played well when LJ gave him his chance last season. Much rather use other players in the squad rather than bring in loanees.

Although Wes and smith have looked decent so far I do think we lack a bit of creativity in the middle, especially when the wingers are being marked out of the game.

Although Wes and smith have looked decent so far I do think we lack a bit of creativity in the middle, especially when the wingers are being marked out of the game.

Precisely, it is midfield where our problems lie and has been since the season started, even when we have been playing well. Defence, OK we are still missing a centre half but Grounds seemed to be doing that job alright until Tuesday night.

Only defender we need is possibly RB - not seen Winchester play this season so cant pass judgement on that, but Tarky & Kusunga are fine at CB. Midfield we are fine, give Mellor another chance in CM! He won't be bullied and brings an attacking presence - remember how well him & Smith started to play last season? No need for two loanees...

Mills will be going back soon though meaning grounds will be back at left back and we will be short for cover at centre half, it will be a centre half coming in, the second loanee though is anyone's guess.

Mills will be going back soon though meaning grounds will be back at left back and we will be short for cover at centre half, it will be a centre half coming in, the second loanee though is anyone's guess.

Interesting bit at the bottom of this.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/20131031mills-1145708.aspx

The cynic in me says that LJ said about the loan signings in a haste and while thinking clearly has decided that we don't need them immediately.

Either way, I think it's good news. Just bringing back Tarky and putting JCH in ahead of Millar (possibly Mills in midfield too) would keep the team settled.

The cynic in me says that LJ said about the loan signings in a haste and while thinking clearly has decided that we don't need them immediately.

Either way, I think it's good news. Just bringing back Tarky and putting JCH in ahead of Millar (possibly Mills in midfield too) would keep the team settled.

More likely Corney told him to fark off and work with what you've got.

I really don't get this 'we need a centre half' we already have Tarky, Kusunga, Grounds, Mellor, Joksts, Belezieka (ok currently on loan), how many people do you need to find a reliable pairing?. My thought is that we need to give Chubs a few games and see if he can dominate his area on crosses to alleviate some of the panic. Yes the players do need a kick up the backside but what was missing on Tuesday was a leader/organiser and how many leaders are available on loan who could come in and instantly rectify this, personally I think this is a knee jerk reaction by LJ, no new loan signing is going to drastically change things.

Yes the players do need a kick up the backside but what was missing on Tuesday was a leader/organiser and how many leaders are available on loan who could come in and instantly rectify this, personally I think this is a knee jerk reaction by LJ, no new loan signing is going to drastically change things.

Especially when Tarky is returning from suspension on Saturday.

Or who LJ thought would be available quite cheaply, are more expensive.

Or we've signed someone but we are putting Bristol City off the scent and playing mind-games.